Search similar:

uniqs

Jim721
join:2014-07-31
Belleville, MI

Jim721 to Zenit_IIfx

to Zenit_IIfx

Re: [Speed] Congestion? Pattern of regular speed loss over the past month

There handing you a line of bull. If they inceased your speed it would have been done before you hung up the phone. Your going to have to call back and find out whats going on.

Zenit_IIfx
The system is the solution
Premium Member
join:2012-05-07
Purcellville, VA
·Comcast XFINITY

Zenit_IIfx

Premium Member

When I hung up the phone yesterday the modem did reboot but the provisioning was still Performance.
(Yes, my HSI speed is normal during the mid-afternoon before everyone comes home after School/Work, I have an odd schedule)

So it looks like I am potentially being fed lies. Eh, its Comcast after all. Or the "Customer Support Executive" at the local level cant even set the provisioning right on the account, LOL.

I am starting to feel that Comcast seems to think that they can just talk this problem away. At least I sure hope that they don't think that they can just give me bullshit and that I will keep paying $120 a month. There is ALWAYS Verigreedy DSL waiting for me.

Here is what I always got with Performance when things are not congested at all:

It was nice when the connection stayed like that 24/7.

Anyways that CSE guy is out of the office today, I have to wait to tomorrow to call. It will probably go to voice mail anyways.
Zenit_IIfx

Zenit_IIfx

Premium Member

So...the connection randomly went out for 5 minutes. The modem reboots, and I get this:

New CMTS installed?

I like this provisioning.
Zenit_IIfx

Zenit_IIfx

Premium Member

Things are looking up for me!

Plant Maintenance showed up and ruled that the 70 feet of hardline that goes from my tap upstream to the amp has gone bad. They have laid a temporary white RG-6 to feed the tap and everything downstream from my ped (I think it is just one more ped, going by utility markings that were painted a few years ago).

Signal levels are much better:

The Blast works great...for once I am happy.