spc
Search similar:

uniqs
milhouseman0
join:2008-08-06
Hartford City, IN

milhouseman0

[Connection] Comcast router with lg smart tv

I am not sure this is where this goes but, when I shut off my tv it disconnects from the Comcast wifi modem/router. I have a appoint with someone to check it out he called again today to ask me if I checked some settings which lg told him to check but the lg guy did not know what settings these were. I wasn't sure if anyone might has some insight to this outside of what I have read online that I would be better off having it wired direct instead of wireless. Thanks

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

[Connection] Re: Comcast router with lg smart tv

Shutting off the TV would always disconnect from the router. Is the problem connecting when turning the TV back on?
milhouseman0
Hartford City, IN

milhouseman0

It is the fact that I have to go back in and put in the password everytime u want to do something that deals with the Internet after my tv has been off

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Do you have other wireless devices that connect automatically?
Robyn79
Premium Member
join:2014-12-09

Robyn79 to milhouseman0

Premium Member

to milhouseman0
said by milhouseman0:

It is the fact that I have to go back in and put in the password everytime u want to do something that deals with the Internet after my tv has been off

I don't have an lg TV. But I do have 2 "internet ready" Sonys - a couple of Roku boxes and an Amazon fire TV device. They all remember the network password when I turn them off and then try to reconnect them. I don't recall setting them up to remember the password - so that was probably the default. Why don't you check the TV setup guide - and see if there's an option to remember or not remember the password? Robyn

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

owlyn to milhouseman0

MVM

to milhouseman0

Re: [Connection] Comcast router with lg smart tv

My 4 year old LGTV uses a WiFi dongle. It drops connection when the TV is turned off, but picks up fine when the TV is turned back on. There must be some setting somewhere in your situation. I'd be surprised if LG missed that.
milhouseman0
Hartford City, IN

milhouseman0 to Johkal

to Johkal

Re: [Connection] Re: Comcast router with lg smart tv

said by Johkal:

Do you have other wireless devices that connect automatically?

Yes I have the roku, my blue ray player phones and tablets
suggy2004
join:2004-01-07
Conshohocken, PA

suggy2004 to milhouseman0

to milhouseman0

If the other devices save the password correctly sounds like something with thew TV set or operating system on the TV.

What Model LG?

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to milhouseman0

MVM

to milhouseman0

Re: [Connection] Re: Comcast router with lg smart tv

That being said, check the settings on the TV. You could also try setting a static IP for the TV.
milhouseman0
Hartford City, IN

milhouseman0 to suggy2004

to suggy2004

said by suggy2004:

If the other devices save the password correctly sounds like something with thew TV set or operating system on the TV.

What Model LG?

55ub8200

Devious
Premium Member
join:2002-08-22
Seattle, WA

1 edit

1 recommendation

Devious to milhouseman0

Premium Member

to milhouseman0
Maybe this will help.

»www.lg.com/us/support/pr ··· en-LGEAI

You can click on whatever connection type you have to see the how to.
milhouseman0
Hartford City, IN

milhouseman0

I had been to that link before and it didn't help I did everything there. But finally of searching for the last month I found my answer. Why it works I do not know. You manually enter your SSID and then your password. It worked. Thanks for all of your help with this