spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mc1lean
join:2007-11-18
Lincolnton, NC

mc1lean

6620L vs. router with USB modem?

Anyone experienced with or seen any performance comparisons of the 6620L mifi vs a router (preferably cradlepoint) with a USB modem? I'm considering switching.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

6620L MiFi 15 WiFi clients maximum. Cradlepoint MBR95 32 WiFi clients maximum. The MiFi type device failed to deliver WiFi service throughout a 2,000 square foot 2 story house. The MBR95 does that task well.

mc1lean
Lincolnton, NC

mc1lean

Thanks David. I'm generally sitting in the same room with my MBR1200B and UML295. I was mainly wondering about the LTE performance of the 6620L. Since Pantech is bankrupt and Cradlepoint appears to be concentrating on the corporate market, I was thinking the MIFI might be more current on it's firmware/capabilities. I did notice that Verizon has started carrying the UML295 again though. I haven't checked on Pantech's status lately.
Hello to Watson Blvd btw.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

From Google News: Pantech asked employees to give up 20% of salary from December 2014 to April 2015. Three international companies are possible buyers of Pantech.

LTE performance of MiFi was good near the window on the second floor. Not so good deep inside house. We did not run numbers on LTE signal reception since it was quickly apparent the WiFi range was too short for what we were going to use it for.

The Cradlepoint AER2100 is nice but has both high initial cost and high life cycle maintenance cost for licenses. I am sure it will be kept up to date. businesses get to write some of that off at tax time as a business expense.

Yes, Watson Blvd. is still going strong. How long ago were you here? I arrived about 2 dozen years ago. We still had pecan orchards on Watson Blvd. close to I-75 back then. All gone. Vehicle traffic is up significantly. It takes forever to go from Robins AFB to I-75 in the afternoon compared to a quarter of a century ago. We now have a decent truck stop at the I-75 and Watson Blvd. intersection. It stays so full that many trucks still park overnight in the big box store parking lots around Houston county. Better than driving drowsy. Winn-Dixie and Food Lion grocery stores are gone. No more scheduled airline service, so Groome does a lot of business to and from ATL airport. They finally built a nice bus complex and parking lot near I-75, so no more operating out of small store fronts in the shopping centers.

mc1lean
Lincolnton, NC

mc1lean

I have a yagi I'd use. Sent an email on the Warner Robins discussion.