Search similar:

uniqs
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

[DSL] VDSL install for parents

Hi all,

I'm a long-time cable user and fairly expert on Rogers/TSI interactions, but need some help setting up Tek VDSL. It's for my parents who are not experts by any stretch, and I want to ensure a smooth process for them.

They currently have Bell 5/1, which Bell is ripping them off for to the tune of $50/month. I called Bell (with my father) and said we wanted the 25/10/300 TSI offer matched (at $40/month). They basically laughed in our face and said no one could offer such a package for $40. They sneeringly offered 25/10/125 for $52. I said no thanks.

So my question is this: Can one of the TSI guys here (some of whom know me from the cable side) give me a hand in setting them up and ensuring the transfer is completely hassle-free for them? And can the community give any tips on pitfalls I might encounter in moving from Bell ADSL to TekSavvy VDSL? They still have home phone, so no dry-loop involved.

Thanks!
ahuj99
join:2013-07-28

ahuj99

Post in the direct forum.
»/fo ··· avdirect

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009 to The Mongoose

to The Mongoose
If they buy the modem directly from TSI then they'll configure it for them and it should be pretty easy from there.
chrisadmin
join:2014-11-24
quebec

chrisadmin

not gonna happen if they buy the new modem they will need call tsi and they will help out tu setup the pppoe user name password but it doesn't come all configured ..... and for christ sake don't buy a
zyxel 1432 ........

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda

Premium Member

The most hassle free option is of course the recommended (and very reliable) SmartRG 505 that TekSavvy sells. TSI will preconfigure it and it's guaranteed to work with both the older Stinger and the newer 7330 remotes.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to The Mongoose

Premium Member

to The Mongoose
If you would like for us to help you with a smooth transition, may we suggest you follow ahuj99 See Profile and post in the »/forum ··· avdirect forum. It will be our please to ensure all goes smoothly for you.

Regards,
Martin
DigitalRain
join:2013-03-16

DigitalRain to chrisadmin

to chrisadmin
said by chrisadmin:

not gonna happen if they buy the new modem they will need call tsi and they will help out tu setup the pppoe user name password but it doesn't come all configured ..... and for christ sake don't buy a
zyxel 1432 ........

The SmartRG should come pre-configured and should work within a few minutes to a few hours of the install being complete.

If that's not the case, either Bell screwed up the install or Tek botched the modem. Either would require a call in to tech support or some time on Direct to fix.