Search similar:

uniqs
redpenguin
join:2010-06-17
united state

redpenguin to mbarry557

to mbarry557

Re: Altoona.Pa

Damn, ABB sure is taking a long time to fix this. Sure took them long enough to even admit it.....

I hate to say this as I can't stand Comcast but they sure do things way faster than ABB does.
mbarry557
join:2010-06-28
Altoona, PA

mbarry557 to Tripz71

to Tripz71
Still putting along here, sometimes good, sometimes slowwww.

On a positive note, I did purchase a docsis 3 modem for $18. So no more modem rental fee.
redpenguin
united state

redpenguin

said by mbarry557:

On a positive note, I did purchase a docsis 3 modem for $18. So no more modem rental fee.

How in the world did you get a DOSCIS 3 modem for $18?
mbarry557
Altoona, PA

mbarry557

»www.ebay.com/itm/2816055 ··· IDX%3AIT

Mine looked brand new. Works fine with ABB.

Also, just got this DM on twitter from Atlantic BB:

"Hi Matt, sorry for delay but I have been working with the engineering team to get an accurate update. We have your area on the maintenance
calendar for this week for repair. Once the maintenance work is completed I will have one of our technical supervisors contact you to verify
Atlantic Broadband
And make sure you have been credited for the time you have experienced the slow speed issues."
mattbooty
join:2005-01-03
Altoona, PA

mattbooty to Tripz71

to Tripz71
For what its worth my speed was testing out last evening in the 40-50 Mbps range around 9pm, which while still not the 70 i'm paying for, is SIGNIFCANTLY better than the 3 or 4 i've been getting. Maybe it was just a slow night for internet usage/congestion, or maybe this is a sign that the problem is in process of getting resolved. Will check gain tonight.
mbarry557
Altoona, PA

mbarry557

Yeah I just did a test and pulled 28.5 down so I wonder if we did actually get fixed up. Gonna run one again later too and see but you're right its a good sign.
mbarry557

mbarry557

Just ran another at 9:39PM and got 12.89 down. Way better than before, at least.
mattbooty
Altoona, PA

mattbooty

Spoke too soon. Back down to 2 - 4 Mbps downstream tonight. Must have just been a few slow nights (weather picking up must had more people outside, crappy weather tonight everyone is streaming again).
JimmyK814
join:2010-12-29
Altoona, PA

JimmyK814

I had 76Mbs one evening it was super nice out. Last night was back under 1MB. It's all about who is online and when.
F34R
join:2007-10-29
Barnwell, SC

F34R

OUCH! I couldn't deal with that type of service.
redpenguin
united state

redpenguin

said by F34R:

OUCH! I couldn't deal with that type of service.

You think that's bad, one night I had packet loss and bad upload to where I could not even browse the web it was so horrible.

Even my low bandwidth programs were failing. It was literally worse than dialup....
neurotik0
join:2010-01-10
Carmichaels, PA

neurotik0

Sounds like every single day here in Carmichaels, PA. At least ABB is reaching out to you via Twitter directly and letting you know there are actual plans scheduled for your area on the maintenance calendar. We can't even get them to acknowledge that there is an area-wide problem here, let alone give us any legitimate time frame as to when upgrades are going to be performed to alleviate the bandwidth issues. Instead, we just get to keep paying for 10% of the service we are being sold, and getting a laughable discount on our monthly bill because of it.

Still no updates on Carmichaels being scheduled for any upgrades to fix this issue, I'm assuming? I know the answer will likely be the same per usual -- you know nothing, no one knows anything, etc. -- but I had to ask I suppose.
F34R
join:2007-10-29
Barnwell, SC

F34R to redpenguin

to redpenguin
Oh Emm GEEE... If that was my situation, I'd cancel service; honestly. I have LTE unlimited that can be used at any time. I would not pay for service like that. Luckily for me, I'm getting exceptional service.
mbarry557
Altoona, PA

mbarry557 to F34R

to F34R
We don't have any alternatives here. And no, Verizon DSL is *not* an alternative, as bad as this has been. Their DSL is even worse.
mbarry557

mbarry557 to Tripz71

to Tripz71
So I have been hounding ABB on Twitter and finally this morning another tech supervisor called me, and said Thursday morning the upgrade should be complete. He said there are also plans to further upgrade our area but for the time being this will alleviate our slow speed issue. No idea what all areas are getting fixed but as I said I live in Fairview so hopefully a few of us here see the problem fixed this week.
redpenguin
united state

redpenguin to Tripz71

to Tripz71
Well so much for ABB having fixed everything in our area.

I'm in JTown which is supposed to be connected to Altoona's system.

I am getting fairly normal speed of 30/3 but I am having horrible jitter of around 50ms which is causing the connection to be fast but unstable.

ABB really needs to get this insanity fixed.
mattbooty
Altoona, PA

mattbooty

I was on vacation last week, got back and saw the post saying it "may" be fixed last Thursday. Did a speed test. I'm still in the same boat, no better than before.
neurotik0
join:2010-01-10
Carmichaels, PA

neurotik0 to Tripz71

to Tripz71
Still waiting on even a joke of a post that Carmichaels is going to be 'fixed.' I think they must be going for some sort of record length of time of providing horrible service to our area right now.
mbarry557
Altoona, PA

mbarry557 to mattbooty

to mattbooty
That is not good to hear. For me, I have had consistent 30MB speeds. Hound them on Twitter like I did and ask when your area will be fixed. Make some bad customer service comments and they got right back to me.
mattbooty
Altoona, PA

mattbooty

They may get right back to you, but its not going to change the timeline of it getting fixed. They are aware of the issue, they are working on the issue. Its unfortunate that its been dragging out this long and its going to hurt their trust level with their customers, but at this point I don't believe anything we do can make it happen any faster.