spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dsllh
join:2005-11-26
Milford, NJ

2 edits

dsllh

Internet is out in Little York NJ - Does this mean EOD 12/30?

[Edit 12/29 4pm came back on. The call back bot did not leave an automated message, may need that added to its annual review].

No real question here other than if you want to acknowledge.

I reported this. It is the first time since I switched over to the newer service plan last Feb. Oh yes a few outages but for good reason like a power interruption or for very brief time. But pretty steady.

With the newer service you use the Actiontec admin menu for first level trouble shooting which after a few router reboots continued to report the internet out as well as the red globe (world war III) on the router.

After 45 minutes I put in a service call and talked to the autobot. He reported that "they detected an issue and working on it" (paraphrased a bit). He also reported it would be fixed on December 30th which today is December 29th and the call was at 8:45 am.

Does this mean EOD 12/30?

Basically they autobot treats you as a not needing to know anything more than on or off and a generic repair plan. CL should attribute more intelligence to their customers and be more specific as to what they are doing and the nature of the problem.

My past experience with the human based service (I had business priced DSL with that) is you would get not only a more specific time but also a ticket number to hold them accountable.

With Penteladata in ABE area, they provided a ticket web site and exposed all the issues and their status. Although screens seemingly are technical there is something about exposing the information about what is going on that seems consoling when you see your area noted in one or more trouble tickets.

Since I work from home the vague nature of the autobot leaves you with a sour note.

The autobot did take my phone number for a call back when they fix it.

Out now from 8 am first noticed to 11 am.