All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kyle
join:2014-12-30

kyle

Northland Cable

Does anyone know if northland cable has any kind of upgrades planned for internet speeds? The fastest speed only being 24mb seems slow to me.

Edin702
join:2008-02-29
Virginia Beach, VA
Asus RT-AC68
ARRIS SB6183
ARRIS DG1670

1 edit

Edin702

said by kyle:

Does anyone know if northland cable has any kind of upgrades planned for internet speeds? The fastest speed only being 24mb seems slow to me.

Location would be helpful... There in Muti States.

There`s NO planned upgrades for speed.

24megs is not even available everywhere.

24mbps is NOT slow compared to most DSL companies, Maybe your using a bad Router? Bad Connection? Bad Modem signals?

NOW I do agree they should upgrade, Just recently I got them to give me there promo offer of $39.99 a month for 12 months for the 24meg speed.

If you really need the speed you can buy two services and get a dual WAN router.
kyle

kyle

I'm in Statesboro, GA.

I haven't had any problems getting the full 24mb speed except for a few times when the problem was on their end. My router is an ASUS RT-AC56U and should be capable of that speed.

It's true that it's not slow compared to most DSL companies but I'm hearing about other cable companies having 40-100mb speed for the around the same $75 price 24mb costs from northland.

With multiple people streaming video, downloading games, and other big things it sometimes isn't enough.
Two services with a dual WAN router would work but I don't want to pay that much.

How were you able to get a promo offer? Last time I tried they said they could give me one but after trying to do it said they couldn't and I haven't been on any promo offers for 3 or 4 years. I guess they might just not do that here

Edin702
join:2008-02-29
Virginia Beach, VA
Asus RT-AC68
ARRIS SB6183
ARRIS DG1670

Edin702

It was hard as heck and lot of calls lol. Ive been a customer since 2006. (Switched from dailup) Northland is pricey due to most areas they service its either them or nothing or them or slow DSL. Its that way here. its either Northland or Hugesnet haha.
kyle

kyle

They told me recently that they were removing all the analog channels here sometime this year. Maybe faster internet could be possible after that? In some areas here there's also 12-24mb dsl or 100mb fiber so that might be something that makes them have a reason to get something faster. For me it's either northland or 6mb frontier DSL so it's the fastest I can get.