All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman

tel number continuous monitoring and diagnostics?

hi,

I've been asked by a call center that is having intermittent problems being reached. it's difficult to reproduce the issue, but mostly I think it's related to call forwarding restrictions and mobile phones. for some reason European mobile phones are weird, and don't tolerate our tel # that callnforwards to another number that hosts our ivr.

this is just a theory. there could very well be load issues, intermittent outages, and who knows what else. trouble is, I usually can't reproduce these issues but the callers keep complaining.

this is just a think tank brainstorm. here are some things I would like to have or think I need:

1.some way to have be able to test calling a number from a real mobile phone originating from various countries, ... also from an an international landine or other types of lines

2. a monitoring service of some kind that call our number many times during the day and report failures(and send us alerts etc.)

3. (future needs ) a software I can run on a client pc that logs jitter or other network troubles
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

1 edit

Stewart

Some facts about the system would be useful.

In what country is the call center IVR? The agents?

From what countries do you take calls? Is there an access number in each, or do the callers make international calls? If the latter, to which country? What kind of access numbers (geographic, toll-free, mobile, national VoIP)?

Approximate size of operation (number of agents, calls per day, minutes per day)?

Why do the access numbers "call forward to another number that hosts ..."? It would usually be more reliable, less expensive and better quality to have the access numbers connect directly to the switch hosting your IVR by VoIP.

When callers have trouble, what goes wrong (error announcement, no answer, no audio, IVR answers but DTMF doesn't work, etc.)? Anything get logged for failing calls? How do the complaints come in? If by phone, on the same number?

Who are the callers (consumers, businesses, agents or employees of the company)?

Does the company have a physical presence in the countries from which they take calls? (You could put a GSM gateway there for test calls.)

1. Depending on the answers above, something like »www.ebay.com/itm/GOIP-1- ··· f917fbd0 may be suitable. You'd need one in each source country. If you wanted to test from several operators, you would need either multiport gateways, or gateways that could use an external SIM bank.

2. I'm not aware of an external service, but you could write a script that runs on your PBX or other server that triggers test calls. They could dial a hidden IVR option that just hangs up, but you would process the call log to confirm that the option was properly reached.

3. Jitter would normally just cause poor voice quality. If you're stuck with inband DTMF, it might cause incorrect options to be selected.
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman

th ivr is in the United States (incontact voip) and the access numbers are in Australia and Belgium. the callers are on mobile phones.

I inquired about using a sip Uri instead of call forwarding apparently it's not possible with incontact
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to Cloneman

to Cloneman
Who is supplying the access numbers? What do their logs show on failed calls? If they are not doing a good job, is it feasible to port to someone else? (Porting may not even be necessary if used only internally or by a few business customers.)

Does the forwarding and/or the inContact service have a limited number of channels? If so, is it possible that the limit is being reached?

What, if anything, do the inContact logs show on failed calls?

Is recording available at inContact? At the access number provider? Feasible to temporarily route through your facility or a VoIP provider for the purpose of logging / recording?

Any useful stats on the failures, e.g. does a particular mobile operator account for most of the trouble? Do failures occur mostly during busy hours (to a greater extent than explained by the total number of calls during those hours)?