dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mariod
join:2009-06-16

mariod

[X1-X2] Free X1 Upgrade Offer - Are There Any Monthly Cost Increases?

Got an offer by mail from Comcast to waive the X1 upgrade and/or installation fee. From my following the X1 roll out, seems like it's developed to a point where I'd be interested in switching (now that AnyRoom is active, for instance).

If I do switch to the X1 system with the same number of boxes, my monthly rate and fees are all still the same, right? That's what I believe and just wanted to confirm.

Thanks guys.

scjohnson
join:2010-07-21
Chicago, IL

scjohnson

[X1-X2] Re: Free X1 Upgrade Offer - Are There Any Monthly Cost Increases?

AnyRoom may be an extra fee depending on market, but I saw no price increase with my X1 upgrade-- just swapped the box.
mariod

mariod

Thanks.

And sorry, to be clear I'm already paying the anyroom DVR fee.

Just wasn't sure if it requires a whole new rate code to switch to X1 system, or if it's no different than swapping out one Motorola box for another still using I-guide.

scjohnson
join:2010-07-21
Chicago, IL

scjohnson

It does use different codes but the prices should be the same.
mariod

mariod

Cool. I have a pretty awesome deal, just need to make sure it all stays in place, doesn't reset me to some standard package.

I called and they promised it wouldn't... not sure what that's worth, but scheduled for Thursday morning to upgrade.

Thanks for the help.
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

Be careful. I was on an awesome deal that was supposed to stay the same when I switched to X1 in March and somehow it got taken away the date of the installation.

It took contacting Tom K's office to get it back.

Got everything documented before you take the plunge.