spc
Search similar:

uniqs

akebono
@50.83.179.x

akebono

Anon

[MO] setting zimbra login to standard mode

In Preferences, I can't set the login client type for Zimbra to "standard". I get a message "an internal network error has occurred" or a "500 Internal Server Error". I want this to be a permanent change.

Working in "standard" is necessary, as email compose in "advanced" is broken in IE 11 and Chrome 39.

~akebono
iowaboy
Premium Member
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA

iowaboy

Premium Member

more than likely that is a issue with Zimbra. I also use it and have to use Firefox when I open the email in it.

akebono
@107.77.87.x

akebono

Anon

That is not encouraging. If the #1 and #2 browsers don't work, but #3 does, it suggests that the Zimbra code base is not well tested.
It sounds like I need to use an email client like Thunderbird.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by akebono :

It sounds like I need to use an email client like Thunderbird.

if you do, dont forget to log in to the web interface every few days to check the spam folder, since mediacom doesnt support IMAP you cant see/use that folder other than logging in to webmail (one reason i dont use mediacom mail for anything except things that require an ISP based email address)

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero
join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

RyanThaDude

said by thedragonmas:

mediacom doesnt support IMAP

Probably the #1 reason I don't use Mediacom's email anymore.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to akebono

Premium Member

to akebono
akebono, I know there is an issue with our email servers that is most likely causing the issues that you are having. We are working to resolve this issue, and it is expected to be resolved by the middle to the end of the coming week.

Stage3GT
join:2014-05-19
Chillicothe, IL

Stage3GT

said by MediacomChad:

akebono, I know there is an issue with our email servers that is most likely causing the issues that you are having. We are working to resolve this issue, and it is expected to be resolved by the middle to the end of the coming week.

Since part of the service incorporates email as "service" and its not working 10 dollar credit should be given to every user on Mediacom. Pass that along up the chain. Called good faith service.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Stage3GT See Profile, unfortunately, as the email is a complimentary feature with our internet service, we are unable to process any adjustments to accounts for this issue. We are working diligently to restore this service and expect to have it back up mid to late next week.

Stage3GT
Chillicothe, IL

Stage3GT

said by MediacomChad:

Stage3GT See Profile, unfortunately, as the email is a complimentary feature with our internet service, we are unable to process any adjustments to accounts for this issue. We are working diligently to restore this service and expect to have it back up mid to late next week.

I need to see in service agreement where this is a complimentary feature. Can you please point me in that direction?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You can view all terms of service by going to »mediacomcable.com/site/l ··· gal.html

Stage3GT
Chillicothe, IL

1 edit

Stage3GT

said by MediacomChad:

You can view all terms of service by going to »mediacomcable.com/site/l ··· gal.html

I will re-read when I return.

"With Mediacom’s always faster internet you’ll get a full suite of security tools and multiple email addresses included for free."
I guess since email is free Mediacom not obligated to maintain it with the service?

akebono
@24.183.144.x

akebono to MediacomChad

Anon

to MediacomChad
Thank you for the timeline for repair. There are better options for Mediacom customers than Zimbra. I've switched over to using the Thunderbird email client.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You are welcome. If you have any other questions, please let me know here.