spc
Search similar:

uniqs
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

FIOS4cable

[VOD] The Interview is now on VOD

Sony has just announced that "The Interview" will be available to rent or buy through FIOS . as of December 31, 2014
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

And risk Kim Jong Un stealing my identity and using my credit cards to buy weapons?

No thanks.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Watched this on Christmas Eve over Xbox...

Hilarious comedy. Tons of excellent one-liners. It's not winning an Academy Award - but if you enjoy a good laugh - check this one out.
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

fcfc2 to blue_trooper

to blue_trooper
said by blue_trooper:

And risk Kim Jong Un stealing my identity and using my credit cards to buy weapons?

No thanks.

Hi,
Not sure if this is a serious concern on anybody's part, but for the few who might take it seriously, this tenuous assertion is...absolutely, positively, and extremely implausible, if not downright impossible, as it would require a concerted and continuous successful hacking assault on each and every outlet for this film.
The film itself is not bad, has some laughs, and few if any would ask for their money back. If not for the publicity, it would have passed from the scene fairly quickly, with so-so reviews IMO.
If anyone has an even tiny concern about their safety and security as a result of watching this film, there is a phrase I recall, "This is the land of the free and the home of the........?"

MagScribe
join:2001-08-20
West Chester, PA

MagScribe to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
I figured it would be kind of stupid, and it was, but it was also pretty funny.

But regardless, if we don't stand up to thugs and bullies, then what? No one, especially not some two-bit dictator 8,000 miles away, tells me what I can or cannot watch. Honestly, there's more chance of getting your CC and ID info taken shopping at Target or grabbing a meal locally. Until we have more secure instruments (RFID chips in credit cards) not watching a movie isn't going to make you any safer.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper to fcfc2

to fcfc2
said by fcfc2:

Not sure if this is a serious concern

I forgot...

DSLReports is where sarcasm goes to die.
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

fcfc2

Sorry, my bad....have a good day:)
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to MagScribe

to MagScribe
I'm not planning to watch The Interview. Concern over hacking is not the problem. I'm glad that those that want to see the film can do so, but I think Sony got themselves in trouble with a film that shows a real-life leader being blown to bits. The Great Dictator made fun of Hitler, but didn't mention his name or country and didn't kill him in the end.
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

Although I am happy to see them showing this movie; I have no plans on watching it. I wonder if it would have made this much money if North Korea hadn't made a stink over it? To me, it looked like one of the movies Siskel & Ebert would have given thumbs down.
TonyD79
join:2010-04-08
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79 to blue_trooper

to blue_trooper
said by blue_trooper:

said by fcfc2:

Not sure if this is a serious concern

I forgot...

DSLReports is where sarcasm goes to die.

Winkies help for written sarcasm.