Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to Trev

Premium Member

to Trev

Re: [Anveo] Porting out from Anveo

said by Trev:

Even when things are not hidden in a ToS and a set of initials are required right under a very important clause in an agreement, I still have many customers who complain and say certain charges are unreasonable and they refuse to pay.

Many people just don't even read things set out as clear as day, let alone hidden in long ToSes.

Yes, it takes all kinds, doesn't it ?!

It also shows why such info should be placed in as many locations as reasonably practical, so that it is next to impossible to miss.
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

4 recommendations

AVonGauss

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

It also shows why such info should be placed in as many locations as reasonably practical, so that it is next to impossible to miss.

I think his point was it doesn't matter how many places you put it, or how explicit you make them agree to it some people either will not retain or choose to forget certain aspects.
OzarkEdge
join:2014-02-23
USA

1 recommendation

OzarkEdge to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

Generally speaking, I'd be satisfied with it in one place, front and center, next to the marketing hype. You know the policy/documentation is suspect when it's spread all over the place in little CYA blurbs. Good documentation eliminates FAQs.

OE

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere to AVonGauss

Premium Member

to AVonGauss
said by AVonGauss:

said by Davesnothere:

I think his point was it doesn't matter how many places you put it, or how explicit you make them agree to it some people either will not retain or choose to forget certain aspects.

Agreed.

However, as OE mentioned just above (and I posted earlier), in plain view is still the best.

And then, as Trev implied, if some don't like, then they don't have to buy.

There would be no later complaints that the info was not in plain view - instead only possibly some gripes up front, where they SHOULD be if at all.
lmartin12
join:2014-12-19
Ezel, KY

lmartin12 to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere

Re: Anveo's 3 month minimum DID base fee clause

said by Davesnothere:

It seems to me that their Phone Number order page is not public, as I can find no direct links to order from their Phone Number public info page.

»www.anveo.com/mainphonen ··· bers.asp

Or did I miss something again ?

It is before commitment, but in the order process. It is at a very good place and should take care of any surprises but I will not be the judge as to whether that is public or not.

On a lighter note I got the cure for the fine print - put the TOS in 400 font size.
lmartin12

lmartin12 to anveo

to anveo

Re: [Anveo] Porting out from Anveo

said by anveo:

2. FAQ entry was added to explain how a phone number can be canceled which also explains the 3 months term »www.anveo.com/faq.asp?co ··· =faq_did

I figured they would do it. It shows they listen to us customers. Thanks Anveo.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
Canada

2 edits

Davesnothere to lmartin12

Premium Member

to lmartin12

Re: Anveo's 3 month minimum DID base fee clause

said by lmartin12:

said by Davesnothere:

It seems to me that their Phone Number order page is not public, as I can find no direct links to order from their Phone Number public info page.

»www.anveo.com/mainphonen ··· bers.asp

Or did I miss something again ?

It is before commitment, but in the order process. It is at a very good place and should take care of any surprises but I will not be the judge as to whether that is public or not.

On a lighter note I got the cure for the fine print - put the TOS in 400 font size.

Hehehe....

But the public vs private thing is elementary, Watson.

If you first must create a login profile on the site and log in, to be able to see the info [or must log in and also begin the ordering process to be able to see the info], then the info is private.

If not, then it is public, like their [albeit linked from the bottom of the other pages] ToS page is, and like their FAQ [with its latest addition about this topic] is.