All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

RogueJawa
join:2013-08-15
Canal Winchester, OH

RogueJawa

TWC conducting a survey prior to installation in Central Ohio?

Hello TWC Forum users!

I just finished a chat session with a TWC sales agent. I'm currently in an apartment complex in Canal Winchester and when I moved in I was told my choices for service were AT&T with DirecTV or WOW Cable. I went with WOW originally but now that they've dropped BBC America I decided I was either going to switch providers or go internet only.

That led me to ask the new property management about letting other service providers in, to which they replied they didn't have any control over it and that it was up to the individual companies. (Previous management seemed to imply they partnered with WOW/ATT.)

So.. I decided to ask TWC how likely it was they might start offering service at our complex soon since TWC is basically EVERYWHERE else in the Columbus area. She took all my info, scheduled me for service installation on 1/14, and told me they would do a survey and my area is listed as having a "High Serviceability Rate." I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and could tell me about their experience.

Am I likely to see that technician on the 14th or does this survey mean "I'll take your info but good luck haha"? Obviously I don't know the first thing about installing cable but it seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to connect our complex if it's everywhere else here.. right?
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by RogueJawa:

I just finished a chat session with a TWC sales agent. I'm currently in an apartment complex in Canal Winchester and when I moved in I was told my choices for service were AT&T with DirecTV or WOW Cable. I went with WOW originally but now that they've dropped BBC America I decided I was either going to switch providers or go internet only.

Canal is Ex-Insight Territory ... If Insight did not run lines to your Apt Complex it's likely not serviceable... for another provider to come in they have to have a tap and a place to connect at the Apt Complex (normally these since there are multiple units in an apartment building) are located next to the buildings and allow the cable company to tap into Coax running to your apartment.

Hopefully it works out in your favor but you may be stuck with either WOW or AT&T. [I know where I live I can get TWC (formerly Insight) or AT&T... Despite WOW running along the main road they don't have access to the complex I am in].

RogueJawa
join:2013-08-15
Canal Winchester, OH

RogueJawa

said by Matt7:

Hopefully it works out in your favor

Something tells me it won't but here's hoping. If not, no big deal I guess. I'll just end up going internet only with my current provider. I did consider AT&T but they don't offer U-Verse. Just DSL with DirecTV and they want a NRD since my credit isn't spotless. I'm not paying them $199 for installation and to buy their modem on top of an NRD.