spc
Search similar:

uniqs
analog andy
join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC

analog andy

Lol just got my 1997 email address back

Was bored and checked if Hotmail would allow me to register an old email address I use to have. Sure enough one I haven't used since 1997 was available once again.

Wonder what the turnover rate is for email purging.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I log in occasionally to keep mine active.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to analog andy

to analog andy
I have an old Yahoo address.....REALLY old....must go back to just after Xmas 1997.

An Internet provider I had at my old house has never killed off my e:mail account.
That has to go back to about 1992 or 1993 when I went got off dialup. I still check that
account every month or so....clean out the SPAM....I figure if it causes them no
troubles it will stay alive for a long long time.

FaxCap

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc to analog andy

to analog andy
I still have my emaill address with TekSavvy even though I canceled last spring.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini to analog andy

to analog andy
said by analog andy:

Was bored and checked if Hotmail would allow me to register an old email address I use to have. Sure enough one I haven't used since 1997 was available once again.

Wonder what the turnover rate is for email purging.

I was wondering this. Just 4 years ago I registered an e-mail address with Yahoo and now when I need it back it tells me that the address doesn't exist. I tried to re-register it and it allowed me to do it. Just 4 years and they kill it?

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to analog andy

Premium Member

to analog andy
I was actually disappointed when I moved that Cogeco wouldn't keep the webmail account active for a period of time. I wasn't going to an area served by Cogeco (and had been a customer for 18 years). I'd already started porting a lot of stuff to a gmail account, but you never know what you miss.
markf
join:2008-01-24
Scarborough, ON

markf to analog andy

to analog andy
I just realized minutes ago that I've been on my own domain for email for 5 years now... how time flies!

My oldest account is a Yahoo account of unknown vintage - must be close to 15 years old by now I think. Maybe I'll try and find out.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to A Lurker

Premium Member

to A Lurker
said by A Lurker:

I was actually disappointed when I moved that Cogeco wouldn't keep the webmail account active for a period of time. I wasn't going to an area served by Cogeco (and had been a customer for 18 years). I'd already started porting a lot of stuff to a gmail account, but you never know what you miss.

There's no way the system can keep your email active without being tied to an active account.

It's a flaw in the system but what can you do?

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to milnoc

to milnoc
What's their official policy on something like that?

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

No idea. Maybe they're hoping I'll come back some day.

I may have an even better proposal for them in the near future.