join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

[Rant] Idiotic email responses from businesses

Sent an email to the unhelpful "we can help" at Comcast. Now, I've been that route before so besides providing facts/details of my concern, I ALSO provided the requisite account holder name, acct number, last 4 of ssn (which everyone knows), service address, blood type, number of vampires in my family tree, and the brand name of my toilet paper.

Response back: "...before we can answer your inquiry, please provide us with ....." and you got it - they requested the same flippin' stuff I provided. Arghhh.

I understand the robotic emails of "thank you and we'll get back to you within 3 light years", but seems Comcast is setting a new record for inane.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

Probably an automatic email that's sent without human intervention. Its purpose is as much to acknowledge receipt as to collect info.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

NormanS to FureverFurry

MVM

to FureverFurry
Light year is a measure of distance (how far light will travel in a year), not time.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

1 recommendation

FureverFurry

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

Light year is a measure of distance (how far light will travel in a year), not time.

Hmm, true and my bad. However, the inaccuracy sort of ties in with the inane response .
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

2 recommendations

19579823 (banned) to FureverFurry

to FureverFurry

I hear ya bud....... CUSTOMER SERIVE is crapola now!!

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to FureverFurry

Premium Member

to FureverFurry

Re: [Rant] Idiotic email responses from businesses

It's an auto-responder. As you can imagine, the vast majority do not send any helpful information the first time around. Just copy and past the same email and reply to it. Not that hard.

Lowest Common Denominator.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 recommendation

Johkal to FureverFurry

MVM

to FureverFurry
What is worse is when you give all the required info. to a live person, they transfer you and you have to give it all again & again.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

1 recommendation

FureverFurry

Premium Member

+1

Spot on ! My 2nd infamous CC call was when I verified my service address. Street is an avenue and bill shows "Ave." Recite address with a-v-e-n-u-e pronounced. CSR says, "that's not right. It says Avvvvv. Have the account holder call in."

Had to fix phone after I hurled it at the wall ... .
Timmn
join:2000-04-23
Tinley Park, IL

Timmn to FureverFurry

to FureverFurry
said by FureverFurry:

Sent an email to the unhelpful "we can help" at Comcast

Comcast, well there's your problem, they aren't rated last in customer service by accident.

They can help, they just don't have to.