ozar
Premium Member
join:2008-04-13
USA

1 edit

ozar

Premium Member

Oh boy, here we go...

UPDATE: the CenturyLink tech did finally get the service upgrade completed (after my repeated requests for help from the team at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com), but now the first billing has come in and they've charged me nearly $160 in installation charges that they didn't mention when the service upgrade was ordered.

I've emailed the TalkToUs team again, asking for help in getting this corrected.

Hazy Arc
join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc

Did they clarify what the charges were for? What did they end up doing to resolve the issue?
ozar
Premium Member
USA

ozar

Premium Member

They issued credits for several charges on the billing that I wasn't told about when the service upgrade was requested, and other credits for certain services that were on the billing even though I had rejected them when I spoke with sales. I always take very detailed notes regarding dates, times, who I spoke with, and what was said, and of course, I keep copies of everything just in case they are needed later. Now I'm just hoping that I don't have to go through all this again next month.
xthepeoplesx
join:2013-10-21

xthepeoplesx

After 4 months of calls mine is almost fixed. They are still adding on 15$ late fees every month after they said they would remove them. Here is my best advice to you: record all phone calls! I use an android phone and have it rooted to do just that. Whenever they claim I was wrong I simply offer to replay the recording for them. Its the only way to get things done with this company. They say the phone call may be recorded and that's enough to let you legally do it yourself. Think about it before speaking with them when your next bill is messed up.

dondude
join:2005-09-15
Lehigh Acres, FL

dondude to ozar

to ozar

Re: Where's My Technician?

Got the 25mb plan now.
ozar
Premium Member
USA

ozar

Premium Member

That looks great, dondude - hope you'll enjoy those new speeds!

I'd recommend keeping an eye on the first billing or two, and make sure that it properly reflects what you agreed to at the time of your upgrade request.