spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mauricio
@70.26.58.x

Mauricio

Anon

[Internet] Bell internet pricing is a joke

So I managed to score the deal a few months back for Bell Fibe 25/10 with a $20 discount promo with 375 GB in bandwidth. I was quite happy because I ended up paying about $50 a month for the service. I see now thanks to the forums that bell has lowered the price for their internet and the Bell 25/10 service is $10 less but that is not reflected in my self serve portal. So I call in to complain about this and they give me the run around on how the advertised price on the website is for 150GB of bandwidth and I get 375GB and if I want that price my bandwidth would need to be lowered. This just angers me because what if I told them to give me that price and give me the unlimited add on for $30? What then? Bell is a joke and they in no way do anything to get their customers to stay. I'm leaving and I hope you all consider doing it and actually go through with it at some point.
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman

Bell's retention strategy is to give people decent deals and then slowly raise the prices every few months, and most people will stay.

Case in point: They gave us the home phone for free for 1 year (35$/mo value), 3 months later they decide to hike the whole bundle by 9$ for no reason.
jumpingryan
join:2008-07-27
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan to Mauricio

to Mauricio
First of all, I would love your deals for internet. I pay for 3 Turbo hubs to get 60 gigs of data... at $10 a gig overage. In short, I would pay $300 to $400 monthly or more for 25/10 with 375 GB.

I pay $7 a gigabyte from square one, jacked up to $10 a gigabyte for overages. And Bell refuses to install DSL/fibre despite being within 2 KM of fibre to the pole in 3 directions.

Trust me, things can be far worse for you my friend!

Back to your problem..... did you ask about possibly getting unlimited with the new deal you wanted to negate your issue. I believe it is only $10 monthly more.

mauricio
@207.219.69.x

mauricio

Anon

It's $10 more if you have TV service with them
jumpingryan
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan

said by mauricio :

It's $10 more if you have TV service with them

Ahhh, I get it. Or another service I take it.

I was thinking about Crave TV service as well (something I want, but cannot afford at $10 a gig overage), but it appears that you need Bell TV for that for now.

rewket
Premium Member
join:2003-08-21
Longueuil, QC

rewket to Mauricio

Premium Member

to Mauricio
well thanks for pointing out the prices were lowered recently

seems like im overpaying 10$ on internet and 5 on tv..

guess its time to milk them for more discounts
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

Unfortunately neither Bell nor Rogers is going to call you or automatically reduce your price when their new cheaper plans come about. The consumer is tasked with keeping their eye open. The good news is though, that on average, plans are getting cheaper, and if one keeps their eye open, they can usually lower their plan prices by more than the fee hikes imposed.
jumpingryan
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan

said by btech805:

Unfortunately neither Bell nor Rogers is going to call you or automatically reduce your price when their new cheaper plans come about. The consumer is tasked with keeping their eye open. The good news is though, that on average, plans are getting cheaper, and if one keeps their eye open, they can usually lower their plan prices by more than the fee hikes imposed.

That is very much true.... and nobody should expect them to in my opinion. No call means the customer is happy.

In reality the op is getting a 25/10 connection for what I perceive to be an excellent rate. Although everyone wants to save money, Bell is running a business.... and prices have been dropping which is a good sign.

I once assumed that I would be increased from 15 to 20 gigs cap bandwidth on one of my hubs... it wasn't as I found out on the bill afterwards. I had to call to ask for the plan to be changed through loyalty to 20 gigs (their current offering)

The thing that pisses me off about Bell mobility side is their jacking of the per unit rate rather than keep the same or lower for mobility products... something that really outlines the true lack of competition in the mobility side of things.

Normally in any free market, the costs and cost per unit goes down with increased usage in any free market.

Anyways, for the OP, there is always the ability to switch to Teksavvy or some other provider like Start. Joys of a free market!

hlo207
join:2012-11-16
North York, ON

hlo207 to Mauricio

to Mauricio
Call customer support and ask for "Retention". Ask them. Either they can lower your rate and keep the bandwidth, or they have some special offer they can give you.

Unlike some of us FTTH addicts, you can always threaten to go for the re-sellers.
Fibetech2020
join:2014-11-27
Toronto, ON

Fibetech2020 to btech805

to btech805
Good point! Bell calling and saying that the plan is now cheaper is as likely as Walmart calling a customer to say that the item they bought yesterday is now cheaper lol
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to Mauricio

Premium Member

to Mauricio
I'd like to see Ontario/Quebec introduce some consumer protection legislation which says that if you subscribe to any service - internet, magazines, newspapers, TV, etc... and the price available to the public is offered at a lower rate than you're currently paying, then you automatically get the lowest price as well.

Ontario - where the lowest price is the law.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Of course they will change the product slightly like decrease the consumption from 80 to 75 GB too ... so they can claim it's not the same product, so they don't have to lower your price.
btech805
Canada

btech805 to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

I'd like to see Ontario/Quebec introduce some consumer protection legislation which says that if you subscribe to any service - internet, magazines, newspapers, TV, etc... and the price available to the public is offered at a lower rate than you're currently paying, then you automatically get the lowest price as well.

And of course like any other "consumer protection" legislation, prices will go up either for A) businesses will now have to pay additional staff to keep track of everyone's accounts for the constant month to month prices fluctuations and prices will go up to account this additional cost of business or, B) prices will go up as big "f*ck you" to the governement under the guise of reason A) and they will stay up, meaning no business will ever lower their prices than on Day 1 of said "consumer protection legislation"

There is no such thing as consumer protection legislation and governements know that meddling in the private sector increases costs to consumers, but any savvy politician knows that when prices go up, so does tax revenue. So if they can gain votes with a "consumer first" agenda AND raise tax revenue then that's a win/win.

Consumer protection; see also: minimum wage raises

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Well, there can be consumer protection ... but a) it comes at a cost, and b) it has to be protecting the consumer from the right things and c) it has to be more than just a slap on the wrist.
jumpingryan
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

I don't see why they need to legislate the free market? In any province, you choose who you do business with.

While I would argue that free market principles don't necessarily apply to the current internet services right now with the way the market is currently setup (i.e.. two, or even 3 pipes providing services into a house), there is little need for government meddling in the price control sense.... price controls are very, very communist.

What I would support is legislation leading to the automatic provision of landline services for voice and data... in the sense that if a provider provides voice, it must also provide data in line with the minimum broadband standard.

These services wouldn't be linked per say... it would be like an improved Bell Canada Act. Bell Canada has certain obligations under bill B-3.6 to provide service to households. Bell cannot deny a landline if it doesn't meet the criteria.... and no, cellular doesn't count.

I would propose that the provision be amended to that Bell Canada (and all other landline providers), cannot deny the provision of wireline voice and/or internet to a household.

Of course, the new amendment would have a generous grace period... I would say by 2022 or so. However, I think this would level the playing field in Canada in the sense that communications service must be provided. It moves the provision of internet towards being an essential service in line with telephone.

As to price fixing though, I am in disagreement for government price controls for almost everything.... it stifles innovation.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by jumpingryan:

As to price fixing though, I am in disagreement for government price controls for almost everything.... it stifles innovation.

It isn't price fixing I'm advocating - it's equal treatment.

If Bell wants to offer a lower price, great, let them - let them set it at whatever they want. But let them apply that new lower price to all customers already using the same service. If the market price drops to $50 for 100 Mbps /1TB transfer for new customers, then all existing customers currently paying $125 for the same thing should also have their price cut to $50. The early adopters - the one's who actually make the economic case for Bell to offer the plan in the first place - shouldn't be continually penalized.

If the indumbents and anyone else were required to do this, their 'retentions' departments would dwindle down to 2 people (one to cover the other when they're ill or on vacation or in the john), and the overhead costs would plummet. ARPU would go down but profitability would probably go up because customers wouldn't tend to churn if they knew they'd be treated fairly.

Well, that's a market consideration, some might say. Yet to-date we've not seen any incumbent treat their customers fairly except indie companies like Teksavvy.

Look at magazine subscriptions - if you can cancel at any time you can continually take advantage of lower prices. How do you know if there's a lower price available? Because the publisher tells you with each issue you get - all those annoying cards that are bound in or are stuffed in that have the new improved offer. But Bell et. al. never tell you if there's a better price available - you have to hunt, call 'retentions', or some other BS. But on the flip side you aren't charged more if the subscription price goes up until the end of your subscription term.
btech805
Canada

btech805

And that may be the key, if rates were set across the board similar to other utility rates ( like gas, hydro and water), everyone would save when the rate went down but the ISPs would demand everyone's prices also rise together as well.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by btech805:

And that may be the key, if rates were set across the board similar to other utility rates ( like gas, hydro and water), everyone would save when the rate went down but the ISPs would demand everyone's prices also rise together as well.

Let's not step in that very potentially dangerous black hole...

When do utility prices ever go down? The only thing that fluctuates (and has gone down big time in recent years) was natural gas.

Every other utility only goes up in price.

The only part of an ISP that should be treated like utility is the usage metering. It should be certified. We beat this issue to death over the years.
jumpingryan
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

It isn't price fixing I'm advocating - it's equal treatment.

If Bell wants to offer a lower price, great, let them - let them set it at whatever they want. But let them apply that new lower price to all customers already using the same service. If the market price drops to $50 for 100 Mbps /1TB transfer for new customers, then all existing customers currently paying $125 for the same thing should also have their price cut to $50. The early adopters - the one's who actually make the economic case for Bell to offer the plan in the first place - shouldn't be continually penalized.

I would argue it is up to the customer to argue for his best price.... not Bell to automatically lower prices. If the customer isn't happy with the price, call.... otherwise, if the customer is, keep paying.

Every month it is the customer's responsibility to review his/her bill, and if dissatisfied with the price, check the competition, including the current offerings.

I know it seems unfair, but I would suggest once again it is the customers responsibility to ensure they are paying market value, not Bell's.

That being said, don't take this as an endorsement of Bell's practices... I went through a cell phone issue with Rogers just recently...
said by MaynardKrebs:

Well, that's a market consideration, some might say. Yet to-date we've not seen any incumbent treat their customers fairly except indie companies like Teksavvy.

I was a DSL customer with TekSavvy at my previous residence (2009 to 2011). I am a fan of them to a point... I liked them during the UBB billing, and when speeds were ultra low (I doubled a 2.5 Mbps connection with MLPPP). But right now, Teksavvy is offering less and less advantages both in terms of landline and internet. They may have the price cornered... but since they pretty much rely on Bell for all maintenance and quality issues... they can't do much.

Here is an example... I have static and hum on my line. I call Teksavvy, and Bell refuses to repair because it costs too much. In reality... what does being with Teksavvy do for me? I don't have any options to competitively get service someplace else.... Bell controls the maintenance..... this isn't really a competitive market for me.

As to internet... Bell doesn't provide to my address and therefore Teksavvy doesn't either. Within my house, 2 KM in 3 directions is fibre to the pole. Of course, Bell mobility can provide somewhat at 3G service (despite the map showing a well covered LTE area)... and the wireless market, while saturated in many places, isn't in my area. Rogers doesn't have the coverage nor do any wireless providers. I can choose cellular, or satellite. For my work, and my wife's, I take the hit and choose low latency cellular at an extreme cost, and enough sim cards swapping to make it look like I am a drug dealer moving from place to place.

Anyways, back to the OP... in my perspective.... think he actually has it pretty good, not matter if he pays the current cost, or one lower. I pay over $300 monthly before overages... for 60 gigs of bandwidth at about 2 to 4 Mbps. He can trade connections and the bills with me anytime.
jumpingryan

jumpingryan to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

When do utility prices ever go down? The only thing that fluctuates (and has gone down big time in recent years) was natural gas.

It was several years ago, but electricity prices did actually drop on occasion. Before 2010. Electricity rarely drops in Ontario right now, because it is much a mess due to mismangement. But that is another thread.

My property taxes dropped by more than 1% in my area about 2 years ago.

Utilities do actually drop from time to time, and if run correctly, due to proper management and efficiency, along with leaps in technology... they will.

Landline internet price (for those lucky enough to get it), is dropping, and the service, speed, and bandwidth caps are getting better. I remember paying near $75 a month of 5 Mbps, with a 100 gig cap from Bell in 2006. The op is getting 5 times the speed, and 3 times plus the cap for 1/3 less.

Coupled with the fact that Bell is actually expanding coverage to all kinds of places (although I unfortunately haven't been blessed yet).... and I really can't bash them too hard.

Setting aside the usage challenges, once people hit 25 Mbps... they are actually doing really good. (I had that speed through Rogers as part of a temporary 1 year living arrangement in Ottawa). You can do alot with a pipe like that!

If I was given the choice of any home/business package however, I would be taking the top 175/175 package, and I would pay triple the cost monthly and be happy.

While the company has it's challenges like all others, people are just far too quick to bash Bell in my opinion.
btech805
Canada

btech805 to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by btech805:

The only part of an ISP that should be treated like utility is the usage metering. It should be certified. We beat this issue to death over the years.

Which is what happens when every consuner is required to pay the same amount of money
jumpingryan
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan

said by btech805:

Which is what happens when every consuner is required to pay the same amount of money

Which is exactly why I think they should mandate separate tiers for wired internet... much like the have high, medium, and low density hydro in Ontario.....

One price for ALL isn't working in getting the service out.

Mandate the wireline telephone and internet service accordingly into those tiers.

Eventually, the costs will line up to be equal... likely once everyone has fibre to the pole coverage, likely after a decade or so of work.

Why fibre to the pole rather than home... fibre to the home is a totally separate issue. It requires access to private property. Nobody, except the homeowner can mandate fibre to the home... a homeowner doesn't even legally have to get copper installed to his house.

Bell Canada, under the Bell Canada Act has been mandated to provide telephone services to almost all homes. I would suggest this act is desperately in need updating to include data.

I think the high, medium, and low density classifications would be a radical change that would satisfy the telecommunications companies, and mandiate companies provide service across the country for wireline. While there would still be those who would bitch about paying $10 more than those "city-folk".

In addition, a last classification could be added to stem the tide for the existing customers who already have good wireline internet.... possibly "existing" or "legacy"

As to wether companies would be forced to expand coverage areas, or the perception of fairness towards... I don't know how Bell should care. If they are mandated to provide voice services.... and are now being mandated to provide data services.... in reality it is just forcing them to update. The price tiers... then can be negotiable.

For example, I am on medium density hydro right now. As to what I would pay.... I would pay, for 175/175... probably about $300 or more a month. But who knows, medium density could be less.

The Bell internet right now, with it's socialist, price fixing attitude ($89.00 for 175/175 for ALL).... it just isn't working in rolling out. I would happily pay triple that for service to my address.

Another option is the customer subsidized updates. I would pay $3000 to get a 175/175 service to my house.... and the regular bill of $89.00 monthly... no contracts... but that is the cost.

Both people int he city, and people in the less built up areas would be interested in plans like that.

Overall, there are many business models that Bell could be exploring to get service out there. But I guess we will be retrained by the fact that people will always bitch about a $4.99 price increase.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Historically we've always paid different rates based on population density. There are two factors ... a) the ability to provide service and b) the number of people one can call in your local calling area. These two work opposite each other.

I'm semi-rural and pay more for my line than those just 5 miles away.

Bell for their non-regulated customers have worked to ELIMINATE the differences by providing packages because of exactly the same arguments with the opposite conclusion. Why should I pay more for a phone service with so few people in my local calling area?

I've never seen tiered electric charges based on population density. here in the Ottawa area.

Customer subsidized updates aren't on either because as soon as you sell the house, you lose the benefit that has cost you significantly ... and if you rent ?
jumpingryan
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan

said by sbrook:

Bell for their non-regulated customers have worked to ELIMINATE the differences by providing packages because of exactly the same arguments with the opposite conclusion. Why should I pay more for a phone service with so few people in my local calling area?

I don't disagree... the urban crowd here though is apparently tired of subsidizing us semi rural people with no internet.

I still wish bell went by the old motto... one policy, one system, universal service.

That is long abandoned with the may tiers of service that we have today.... and that is unfortunate.
said by sbrook:

I've never seen tiered electric charges based on population density. here in the Ottawa area.

I am with Hydro One.... could you be with Hydro Ottawa which may have a different bill system?

It's not in the usage rates, which are set. It is in the all mysterious "delivery" charge.

Although I am unsure of the exact costing difference, and the Ontario government has been given orders to clarify their "delivery" charge in more detail... although they haven't done so as of yet. The delivery charge is one thing I have failed to understand... and it does seem to mysteriously change.

--------

I just checked two bills from my residence, and a rental property i own. There is "low" and "urban-high" density delivery billing that I have confirmed from each different address.

It is just above the calculation for how much electricity you used for a Hydro One bill.

--------
said by sbrook:

Customer subsidized updates aren't on either because as soon as you sell the house, you lose the benefit that has cost you significantly ... and if you rent ?

Well, it would be the responsibility of the property owner if you rent to maybe fund the subsidy. For example... with Google Fiber, you can pay about $300 and get 5 Mbps service for the life of the property.... a pretty good investment for a rental property owner actually in order to attract more eligible applicant tenants.

As to customer subsidized updates... someone, the homeowner, or perhaps the property owner could pay.... it would be a good system for those who are unserviced, and want to get serviced sooner. I would certainly pay.

And it would be applicable one time only.... why would an upgrade to pay for FTTH be lost when you sell the home? Would be like upgrading to city water, or going on the grid, and then tearing up the pipe when you move.

Neighbourhoods that brought in natural gas have had to pay a subsidy on their bill for up to 20 years on the property to pay for the lines to the neighbourhood. That is an example of passing on the install cost to the next home buyer.

In all the cases, I am referring to wireline access, for those that lack access right now. I would pay $2000 right now for FTTH and 50/50 service at $250 monthly for 2 years..... why... because I lack the one thing we really want, and in many cases need... wireline internet.

And I would save money as compared to my current offerings... even if the price was double the numbers I quoted.

Sounds crazy? Perhaps, but try working with the 2 to 4 Mbps Turbo Hub connection for a few months, with 3 sim cards, and well over $300 monthly. I have had bills hit over $1000.

I am here to pay and do business, funny that Bell, in their supposed profit shareholder serving minded ways isn't willing to take my money.
jumpingryan

jumpingryan to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

I am hoping that this issue can be forced as well too, along with the suggestion that the Bell Canada Act be amended to include voice and internet services (landline).

The current government did a good thing with the Wireless Code... although some may argue it didn't go far enough.... it is still the wild west for internet metering and usage based billing.

Hell, I pay $10 a gigabyte for overages, and $7 a gigabyte from the start up to 20 gigs for my home connection.... that is pretty serious coin to be putting out in this day and age.

Usage metering is something that should be regulated under the Weights and Measures Act.

I mean, everything from cords of firewood (the only legal way to sell firewood is by the cord BTW), to pints of beer, to gasoline (which many Canadians get screwed on the volume corrected part... but anyways) is legally covered under the weights and measure act.

The smart meters are actually federally regulated for accuracy.

I think even time is covered (in terms of billing by time), and accurately described....

Who knows, Bell would probably try and bring in the "metric minute"... in order to boost profits by a ratio of 6 using base 10 second minute.... LOL

But bytes and bits are not covered unfortunately. But I don't know how long this can go on. Within a decade, phone/video conversations will not be metered by minutes, but by bits and bytes.... same with TV.

The ISP's are towing a fine line with most wireline connections... trying to fly under the radar a little here and there... emphasizing that unlimited is only XX dollars. But I think the true exposure will be the cellular side of things..... where there is massive mark ups on cellular.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Things covered under the weights and measures act are things like weight and volume that you can't count and done to stop unscrupulous sellers from ripping you off ... like the scale that always reads higher than it really is, because you as a consumer can't tell the difference between 454 gm of ground beef and 400 gm of ground beef. On the other hand things that are countable are not covered. You can tell the difference if a box says it has 10 bottles of stuff but it only contains 9.

The clocks used to measure your phone calls are not covered ... you can check the length of a phone call yourself. You can count your bytes yourself.

If the byte counters counted bytes as say between 6 and 9 bits instead of precisely 8 then it would probably come under w/m ...

What happens with these counters is nothing to do with the counting mechanism ... lt's the correct allocation of the count to the subscriber, which is outside their "meter" ... and is usually the same problem with the phone bills.

So it's a civil matter ... and the ISPs just stand up and say "It's right" ... It would take quite the W/M overhaul, and would include tons of other things that they'd be responsible for by the same token.

The biggest problem with the metering is the dispute mechanism. THey ISPs attitude is "We're always right - tough beans - pay up"
jumpingryan
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan

said by sbrook:

What happens with these counters is nothing to do with the counting mechanism ... lt's the correct allocation of the count to the subscriber, which is outside their "meter" ... and is usually the same problem with the phone bills.

So it's a civil matter ... and the ISPs just stand up and say "It's right" ... It would take quite the W/M overhaul, and would include tons of other things that they'd be responsible for by the same token.

The biggest problem with the metering is the dispute mechanism. THey ISPs attitude is "We're always right - tough beans - pay up"

Your explanation is correct about scales involving weight and volume... however setting aside the people who frequent this forum... the vast majority of people are unable to count their own bandwidth in any legally representable way.

It is also an unfortunate explanation of the reality affecting consumers.

I think this is particularly applicable to the mobile offerings (both users who are stuck with Turbo Hubs as their only connection, and those on phones). You can't just hook up a bandwidth monitor from a 3rd party source, and expect to win a dispute....

That is why the Weights and Measures Act exists... to stop unscrupulous sellers of anything.... including bandwidth from ripping people off.

The whole process, from counter to bill needs to be monitored to ensure compliance.... and this is a federal manner. So far, it isn't.

With things like electricity being monitored by Weights and Measures, it makes no sense for bandwidth not to be.
Hot Summer
join:2014-11-17
Canada

Hot Summer to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
Like just about everyone else here, I disagree with your proposition.

Though in my case, simply because I don't think it is needed.

I believe what you ( and everyone else ) is describing re the tactics of some ISPs is actually already covered under various trade/ commercial practices laws. The real problem is that the CRTC ( read: your elected reps ) has essentially shielded all ISPs from a lot of this through its "regulatory" authority.

Stated a different way; your fighting years of fraudulent conduct
by Canadian courts and politicians. There is a reason why Canada's legal system is held in such low regard by those in the know. And, NO, just because its better than the USSR is no defense.

Michael9009
join:2006-07-28
Toronto, ON

Michael9009 to Mauricio

to Mauricio
said by Mauricio :

So I managed to score the deal a few months back for Bell Fibe 25/10 with a $20 discount promo with 375 GB in bandwidth. I was quite happy because I ended up paying about $50 a month for the service. I see now thanks to the forums that bell has lowered the price for their internet and the Bell 25/10 service is $10 less but that is not reflected in my self serve portal. So I call in to complain about this and they give me the run around on how the advertised price on the website is for 150GB of bandwidth and I get 375GB and if I want that price my bandwidth would need to be lowered. This just angers me because what if I told them to give me that price and give me the unlimited add on for $30? What then? Bell is a joke and they in no way do anything to get their customers to stay. I'm leaving and I hope you all consider doing it and actually go through with it at some point.

Mauricio, have you resolved anything with Bell?

I am in the same boat as you are. In January 2014 I received an ongoing $20 discount and 350 GB of data allowance, also ongoing. The price of the Fibe 25/10 plan was $65.

On 1 June 2014, Bell increased the plan to $70. They had no problem to increase my plan without touching the promotional discount and data allowance.

Later, in the autumn of last year, Bell reduced the fee for Fibe 25/10 to $62. When I called them, they were very willing to price match my plan but said I would lose my promotions.

So, here's the problem: Bell's double standard. They had no problem increasing the price and not touching the promotions, but they would not reduce the price without cancelling the promotions.

Mauricio
@telus.com

Mauricio

Anon

I cancelled bell. Tomorrow is the disconnection date and Start communications will be my internet provider. Same speeds and unlimited usage for $65 + tax