spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Termites
@174.64.136.x

Termites

Anon

[Security] House Security System

Building a new house and i want a outside security system been looking and different brands like this one
»www.samsclub.com/sams/sw ··· vAction=
»www.samsclub.com/sams/sw ··· vAction=

I just need 4 Cameras, but this is the 8 camera system if its better then i will-go with that.
Help

bmilone2
join:2001-01-26
Mays Landing, NJ

bmilone2

Help for what??? You haven't asked any questions.
askinder
join:2010-07-08
Kansas City, MO

askinder to Termites

to Termites
One thing I would be cautious about is that both of these systems are utilizing HD-SDI technology which allows for HD images over coaxial cables. This is newer, niche technology, that is somewhat proprietary. If you are wanting HD, you should go with traditional IP based systems and something not proprietary. Check out www.networkcameracritic.com for some reviews.

Termites
@174.64.136.x

Termites

Anon

said by askinder:

One thing I would be cautious about is that both of these systems are utilizing HD-SDI technology which allows for HD images over coaxial cables. This is newer, niche technology, that is somewhat proprietary. If you are wanting HD, you should go with traditional IP based systems and something not proprietary. Check out www.networkcameracritic.com for some reviews.

HD-SDI? Sorry never dealt with CCTV before, 720p or 1080p would do with night vision..
What would be nice is IP/ wireless systems.. Any in mind that you know of?
askinder
join:2010-07-08
Kansas City, MO

askinder

HD-SDI can work okay, but limits you to the manufacturer of the DVR for camera brands. 720p and 1080p are for video resolution and have nothing to do with "night vision". Most cams are using IR illumination for night viewing, but this is only lights up images that are reflective within a certain distance. Stay away from wireless as the quality is either poor or you have to pay considerably more.
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG to askinder

Premium Member

to askinder
said by askinder:

One thing I would be cautious about is that both of these systems are utilizing HD-SDI technology which allows for HD images over coaxial cables. This is newer, niche technology, that is somewhat proprietary.

Not really, HD-SDI is a digital video standard that has been around for quite a few years now.

However, it is seldom found in consumer level equipment and frequently used in professional A/V gear.

But one thing you're right about is that as far as security cameras are concerned, everything is going IP these days as it is much more flexible and CAT5 cable is dirt cheap.

Termites
@174.64.136.x

Termites

Anon

said by TheMG:

said by askinder:

One thing I would be cautious about is that both of these systems are utilizing HD-SDI technology which allows for HD images over coaxial cables. This is newer, niche technology, that is somewhat proprietary.

Not really, HD-SDI is a digital video standard that has been around for quite a few years now.

However, it is seldom found in consumer level equipment and frequently used in professional A/V gear.

But one thing you're right about is that as far as security cameras are concerned, everything is going IP these days as it is much more flexible and CAT5 cable is dirt cheap.

I understand about the wireless am on that fence the poster just concerned that for me.. The 720/1080p I know that's the resolution....

By IP do you mean IP Address?
Termites

Termites

Anon

said by Termites :

said by TheMG:

said by askinder:

I understand about the wireless am on that fence the poster just concerned that for me.. The 720/1080p I know that's the resolution....

Confirmed not getting wireless*

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to Termites

Premium Member

to Termites
said by Termites :

Internet Protocol. In other words, the cameras connect to a local area network, can serve the pictures over that network (often via a web browser on the client's end) and may be setup to allow PTZ control via the browser. If the network's router is setup to allow it the images/streams can be made available to look at from anywhere on the Internet, or to be stored on an offsite location.

Termites
@174.64.136.x

Termites

Anon

said by garys_2k:

said by Termites :

Internet Protocol. In other words, the cameras connect to a local area network, can serve the pictures over that network (often via a web browser on the client's end) and may be setup to allow PTZ control via the browser. If the network's router is setup to allow it the images/streams can be made available to look at from anywhere on the Internet, or to be stored on an offsite location.

Ok thanks I don't know what brands good etc what to look for etc..
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
join:2003-03-25
Look Outside

1 edit

fartness (banned) to Termites

to Termites
Click for full size
Click for full size
I have 2 Trivision 316w and one 336w IP cameras and couldn't be happier.

I can watch them on my phone from anywhere in the world. I just took this screen shot at 1145pm right now of my backyard.

And here's one from earlier.
Expand your moderator at work

Termites
@174.64.136.x

Termites to fartness

Anon

to fartness

Re: [Security] House Security System

said by fartness:

I can watch them on my phone from anywhere in the world. I just took this screen shot at 1145pm right now of my backyard.

I have reviews some say stay away from wireless others like yourself love it?
wheres the power cord plug into to power the camera?
Termites

Termites

Anon

said by Termites :

said by fartness:

I have reviews some say stay away from wireless others like yourself love it?
wheres the power cord plug into to power the camera?

for the power would you do with?

Power over Ethernet (POE) looking at this one

»www.amazon.com/dp/B00E6A ··· H0?psc=1
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
Look Outside

fartness (banned) to Termites

to Termites
The camera has a weather proof box that has a cord that runs from the camera to the box. Then a regular power cord is ran from the box to your wall outlet (probably have to drill a hole in your siding). I have not used the PoE version.

Pher9999
join:2011-07-06
Saucier, MS

Pher9999 to Termites

to Termites
Have you look at Dropcam »www.dropcam.com/ ? They will do cloud storage and such for you too. It's been a while since I've fully looked at them. but I know some who have used them successfully. »www.dropcam.com/live-dem ··· t-studio from TWiT Studios, where I first learned about dropcam many years ago. but you can see you can go back and see where it's marked movement on the camera.

They are available at home depot and such now too.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

Downside...no outdoor-rated cams.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD

sk1939 to Pher9999

Premium Member

to Pher9999
You have to pay monthly for Dropcam's though if you want any kind of storage other than live-view.

Termites
@174.64.136.x

Termites to fartness

Anon

to fartness
Fartness,his CCTV looks good don't know if it's good...the brand name.
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
Look Outside

fartness (banned)

Haven't had any issues with it and support is responsive. The only bad reviews on Amazon are from people not familiar with basic computer networking. They give a bad review because of the lack of their own knowledge...

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to Termites

Premium Member

to Termites
said by Termites :

Fartness,his CCTV looks good don't know if it's good...the brand name.

Trivision is the same as Y-Cam:

»www.y-cam.com/y-cam-bull ··· 2nd-gen/