Search similar:

uniqs
Robyn79
Premium Member
join:2014-12-09

Robyn79

Premium Member

[Audio] So This Is Something New

If I weren't hanging around here - I probably wouldn't hunt for an answer. But - since I'm here...

This morning I lost the audio on a few HD stations (not all) on an HDMI DTA box. Like CNBC. But still have audio on the SD version of this station. HD on other boxes works ok.

This is absolutely not a big deal for me. This TV is in a closet in our guest room. And I listen to it when I'm using the guest room bathroom in the morning when my husband is still asleep. So I can listen in HD or SD .

Still - is this just something that will probably go away (like my current cold)? Or do I have to do anything about it? Robyn

scjohnson
join:2010-07-21
Chicago, IL

scjohnson

Probably a problem at the headend that they will have to fix. For example, a few months ago I had sound but no video on ESPN2 as did others on the same system.

cHarley
join:2013-07-10
Boynton Beach, FL

cHarley to Robyn79

to Robyn79
Try This:
Tune the TV to a station with missing audio, then press the "LANG" button on the remote control.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

said by Robyn79:

This morning I lost the audio on a few HD stations (not all) on an HDMI DTA box. Like CNBC. But still have audio on the SD version of this station. HD on other boxes works ok.

said by cHarley:

Try This:
Tune the TV to a station with missing audio, then press the "LANG" button on the remote control.

Yes, that's a common issue with SD-DTAs (the "LANG" button being inadvertently pressed), but this appears to be an HD-DTA, so Robyn79 See Profile should check what the Language setting is in its Setup menu.
Robyn79
Premium Member

Robyn79 to cHarley

Premium Member

to cHarley
said by cHarley:

Try This:

Bingo. And now you will know all of my personal habits. Sometimes - after using the guest bathroom in the early morning - I catch a few more winks in the bed there. And I dropped the remote this morning. And seemed to have set CNBC to Spanish. Wouldn't have figured that one out in a million years. You guys/girls are great. Thanks . Robyn

cHarley
join:2013-07-10
Boynton Beach, FL

cHarley

Good deal. I hit that button by accident all the time, usually during the night watching TV in bed.
logger
join:2012-06-14
Carmel, NY

logger to scjohnson

to scjohnson
said by scjohnson:

Probably a problem at the headend that they will have to fix.

Comcast having to fix problems at the headend? That is the best joke I have heard in a while. The primary reason why I stopped being a Comcast customer is because they did not fix a problem caused by errors they introduced at the headend.

I reported the problem to Comcast, but they took no effective action. Then, I contacted the Local Franchise Authority, and Comcast partially fixed the problem by making an appropriate change at the headend. However, after being informed that they had only partially fixed the problem, not only did Comcast not fix the rest of the problem, Comcast undid the partial fix.
Robyn79
Premium Member

Robyn79 to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

said by Robyn79:

said by cHarley:

Try This:

Yes, that's a common issue with SD-DTAs (the "LANG" button being inadvertently pressed), but this appears to be an HD-DTA, so Robyn79 See Profile should check what the Language setting is in its Setup menu.

I have a HD DTA box with an XR2 remote (pretty zippy remote for a DTA box). I reach the "language" setup by pressing the red xfinity button in the middle upper third of the remote. This button is somewhat higher than the other buttons - and would be the first one to hit the ground if you drop the remote (which I did).

I'm glad I didn't have a "headend" problem. That sounds awful - like the problem I had with AT&T DSL that eventually made me leave AT&T. Robyn