All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Brightness
join:2015-01-05
Nevada City, CA

Brightness

ATT no show on 3rd party DSL repair.. for 25 days.

Att is claiming there is a state of emergency since at least the start of Dec. They have missed more appointments than they have made. In one case they have missed 4 scheduled appointments in row, with no notice or reply. When calling Sonic to follow up I am told ATT is having a state of emergency in the area , or the entire state. They cannot tell me when another appointment will be made, or the repair will be made. Sonic is telling me that many other DSL providers are having the same issue.
Help. where do I escalate this? 22 days and no fix (with no replies or appology) is too long. (Add this to the fact that ATT is refusing to allow DSL when a previous renter had it in many areas here.. and they are making things very hard for a small DSL provider like us.)

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

I don't know what the "state of emergency" is in your area, but I can tell you that shoddy treatment of VARs and CLECs (and their customers) is pretty much standard practice for AT&T (any time, any place).

The often multi-week delays in fixing leased line problems when I used Covad as my ISP (AT&T only provided the physical copper wire pairs; Covad had their own DSLAM and IP connectivity) finally forced me to abandon using Covad. And the worst part was that every leased line problem I had was actually caused by AT&T techs stealing my wire pairs to give them to AT&T customers.

rtfm
join:2005-07-09
Washington, DC

rtfm to Brightness

to Brightness
said by Brightness:

Help. where do I escalate this? 22 days and no fix (with no replies or appology) is too long. (Add this to the fact that ATT is refusing to allow DSL when a previous renter had it in many areas here.. and they are making things very hard for a small DSL provider like us.)

FCC, State PSC, local press.....

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to Brightness

to Brightness
said by Brightness:

Att is claiming there is a state of emergency since at least the start of Dec.
where do I escalate this?

1. Sonic

2. Social media »www.att.com/gen/press-ro ··· pid=5000

3. CEO's office

4. State or local public utility regulators

Generally speaking, you are not AT&T's customer because you are not paying AT&T. Sonic is AT&T's customer, so they should escalate through their channels. More than likely they have a brick wall as well.

AT&T has little interest in maintaining their high-cost, low-profit copper network. They may be bound by decree or settlement to provide access, but when they declare an emergency, they may be a beneficiary of a loophole relieving them of some imposed requirements.

»cwa9511.com/state-of-eme ··· atewide/