All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

swodniw
@72.239.217.x

swodniw

Anon

[Other] Why isn't there any good E-PUB Reader for Windows?

I have used iBook for IOS and it has a good E-Pub reader.

Why hasn't windows got a good easy to use quality E-Pub reader????

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

MS tends to get sued if they include applications with their OS, Apple gets away with the same thing and is lauded as being innovative.

For the total cost of nothing there is ADE - Adobe Digital Editions, it is required if you plant to borrow ebooks from a public library which user the overdrive system. ADE is buggy but has as simplified interface and offers some file management.

The ebook management program calibre has a good reader program attached to it, overkill if you are just reading epubs as its more for a collector of ebooks.

Alakar
Facts do not cease to exist when ignored
join:2001-03-23
Milwaukee, WI

1 recommendation

Alakar to swodniw

to swodniw
Mobi Pocket used to be an awesome epub reader, but hasn't had support since Amazon bought them.

Barnes and Noble Nook software supports epub.

My preferred way to read epub books is to convert them to .mobi format and read them using the Amazon Kindle software. I use Calibre to convert and maintain meta-data. »calibre-ebook.com/

swodniw
@72.239.217.x

swodniw

Anon

Will give this a try. Adobe and calibre have seemed to be buggy at least for me.

Freddy
Premium Member
join:2005-05-17
Arlington, VA

Freddy

Premium Member

One can also acquire a Barnes and Noble Nook tablet for good price these days available on eBay or Craig's List, like this:

»washingtondc.craigslist. ··· 983.html

Nothing like having options.

Freddy