uniqs
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

Who is View Now? & other Premium channels

I went to watch a movie over the weekend and was asked to subscribe to something called View now. What is this service? Never heard of it.

Also, in regards to the premium movie channels; I am wondering what the value is of subscribing to those channels if you only watch the movies? (I can't get into the sitcoms they show other then the show called "the missing".)

Seriously though, they don't really show many movies at all and its all the same ones month after month. Back in the day where we just had HBO and Showtime I found more value because they had great new movies and even a preview show detailing what was coming up next month. I hate it now. I have all the movie channels in my discounted package and watch none of them. I thought about canceling but I think my rates would not changed based on the discounts I am receiving.

chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf

View Now is basically IMO a Netflix wannabe.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Acct101

to Acct101
said by Acct101:

Also, in regards to the premium movie channels; I am wondering what the value is of subscribing to those channels if you only watch the movies? (I can't get into the sitcoms they show other then the show called "the missing".)

I get all the premium channels so I can watch the original series. Showtime is the best in my opinion - Homeland, Shameless, and Ray Donovan are a few of the best shows on TV. Power and The Missing on Starz are both pretty good. On HBO I watch Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. On Cinemax I watch The Knick. I do occasionally watch movies on these channels and consider that an added bonus.
JAH_PGH
join:2009-09-28
Pittsburgh, PA

JAH_PGH to Acct101

to Acct101
Each of us has our own viewing preferences, but I ONLY watch premium channels. I won't be without them. The only 'regular' programming I watch is FXX - The League and Sunny, The Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels on AMC and the local sports and news channels.
In my opinion, Starz has finally come up to the big leagues with Outlander. It's an amazing series. The crappy Pirate series on Starz fell short for me, although the new season starts soon so maybe I'll get interested.
HBO and SHO clearly take the lead on series, but there are tons of movies too. TMC (The Movie Channel) has some great indie films, but you have to watch for them.
I DVR everything except the local news and hockey.
I wish I could eliminate all the other broadcast channels and just watch the movie channels!

But, to your point Acct101 - the respective websites are a wealth of info on movies etc. And, if you watch 5-10 min at the end of a movie or show, they always show what's coming up. It's great, but frustrating for me as well because usually they advertise for something that is more than 10 days out (which my guide data never has).

Lastly, is View Now an On Demand thing?
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

Here's the write-up:

»forums.verizon.com/t5/Ve ··· p/514899

Yeah, it looks like an on-demand thing of classic movies (Big Daddy? Really?). It seems like a competition for Netflix streaming - one monthly price gets you unlimited streaming access to their movies.
JAH_PGH
join:2009-09-28
Pittsburgh, PA

JAH_PGH

said by JPL:

It seems like a competition for Netflix streaming - one monthly price gets you unlimited streaming access to their movies

Interestingly it's from 2 years ago and I've never heard of it. Well, maybe that's not very interesting since I never hear of anything new and cool
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf to JAH_PGH

to JAH_PGH
said by JAH_PGH:

Each of us has our own viewing preferences, but I ONLY watch premium channels. I won't be without them.

It IS possible to get JUST Local TV and the Premium channels.
Your lineup would be basically 2-49,340-549 and 840-931