Search similar:

uniqs

spoonefl1
@97.76.114.x

spoonefl1

Anon

[Internet] Does BH Business allow BYO modems? Specifically in Tampa

»support.brighthouse.com/ ··· et-9115/

That's the only approved modem list I can find, and it's on the residential side. I don't know why there would be a difference, but I can't get a straight answer, either.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

No

spoonefl1
@97.76.114.x

spoonefl1

Anon

Any tips on getting a different modem then? We use a VOIP provider which apparently hates the Arris TG862 modems BH has installed for us, and that's after we already had the Motorola SBG6580 replaced at their request. They recommend the Cisco DPC3010 or Linksys DPC3008, but those aren't available, I guess? Can you offer any recommendations?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to spoonefl1

Premium Member

to spoonefl1
Something else is going on....whats happening?

spoonefl1
@97.76.114.x

spoonefl1

Anon

Inconsistent connection, basically. I monitor 24/7, and it's OK. But I mean Just OK. I run their network monitoring tool, and I get decent results most of the time. But they are inconsistent. It runs a simulated call every 5 minutes and reports some data back (not much). Packet loss is usually 0, occasionally 0.,7%, sometimes much higher (although there have been trucks on the poles outside when that's happening). Jotter is wildly inconsistent. It can get as low as 0 ms and as high as 7, but usually is around 2-4ms. Latency is quite good at 80ms. That tends to stay pretty solid.

Our issue is with call quality. These phones are the only thing on that network, except for the PC doing the testing. I'm using a dedicated edge device, QoS enabled, and gigabit switches. At this point, I have replaced everything, and the problem remains: call quality is inconsistent. It can go from perfectly adequate to unusable over the course of the day. The only thing that has provided any relief is to reset the modem.

And these Arris modems are MTA, are they not? I think that's their likely beef with them.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

I want to take a closer look please get with me in direct.
spoonefl1
join:2015-01-06

spoonefl1

I've been trying for the last several minutes, but my account is too new to email or instant message, apparently.

StephenRC
join:2013-11-02
Satellite Beach, FL

StephenRC

He means here: »/forum ··· sedirect
spoonefl1
join:2015-01-06

spoonefl1

@StephenRC Thanks.