spc
Search similar:

uniqs

granger
@166.181.80.x

granger

Anon

[IA] hd cable box dimensions

Are there different sizes of the hd cable boxes? We want to put our tv above the fireplace and wanted to switch to a smaller box and in black if it comes in that color. Zip code is 50109
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

1 edit

wth

Premium Member

For $1.99/month you can rent a box that will display all the HD channels. You won't have any music, and no channel guide. It's about 5" wide, 4" deep, and 1 1/4" high. I have one zip tied to a wall mount bracket in our 3 season porch. It will display the channel number & name, like 809 KCRG when you change channels for a couple of seconds. Also comes with its own simple small remote.
Added: »[Cable TV] New HD "Mini" STB with remote

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to granger

Premium Member

to granger
Hello granger, as wth See Profile mentioned we do offer and HD DTA box for $1.99 a month that is smaller than our standard digital boxes. This HD DTA will give you access to the Family Cable channels in HD. It does not have an onscreen guide and will not allow access to OnDemand, music choice channels, premium channels, or pay-per view. If you'd like to further discuss this feel free to send me an IM with your account number, address, or phone number.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to granger

Premium Member

to granger
a small note about those DTA's, both of mine have R/F remotes so the boxes can be hidden and do not need to be seen, especially helpful since the power light on them never cuts off and its amazingly bright (green i think?)

all so, if you still want the guide and dvr if you have it, have you considered an I.R. extender (I.R. blaster is disabled on them last i checked) an some HDMI cables ive seen on monoprice have them built in, note its a more expensive option than just changing the box out. but if one has a DVR and still wants to hide it, its an option and i think would cost about $40 ish after shipping, something like this »www.monoprice.com/Produc ··· format=2 (this connects to existing HDMI cable)
djbrettb0
join:2008-07-09
West Des Moines, IA

djbrettb0 to wth

to wth
Alternatively, they can switch to DirecTV, and get a Genie box, which has about the same dimensions. It has a guide, DVR, music, and everything.
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

said by djbrettb0:

Alternatively, they can switch to DirecTV, and get a Genie box, which has about the same dimensions. It has a guide, DVR, music, and everything.

And costs more.. Been looking into that myself.