spc
Search similar:

uniqs
abg123445
join:2015-01-06
united state

abg123445

[DSL] I need help!

My internet where I live is pretty bad; my internet goes out constantly, and Frontier isn't offering to provide any support. I live in Southern WV, and we used to have Verizon DSL, and none of the equipment has been upgraded since Frontier has taken over. Is there anything I can do to have something done about this? I'm fed up with it.

mojorhino
join:2007-09-24
Bartlesville, OK

mojorhino

What kind of modem do you have?
What are you paying for vs what you are getting?
wolfy339
join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

wolfy339

Along with that, can you post your transceiver stats (preferably both from where the modem is currently plugged in and the NID)? Also, presuming you have POTS (landline phone service) do you notice any static, humming, buzzing, crosstalk (other conversations), etc?
abg123445
united state

abg123445 to mojorhino

to mojorhino
We are paying for "Up to 3mbps... and on the Router Login page it says we are provisioned for 2048 Kbps. We have the Netgear B90-755044-15.
abg123445

abg123445 to wolfy339

to wolfy339
Click for full size
Sometimes we hear a really loud buzzing sound when no one is talking, like when you're on the phone with someone and no one is saying anything it gets so loud you have to turn the volume on the phone down. I didn't plug it in the NID I just left it plugged in how it normally is. I will plug it in the NID tomorrow and post it.
wolfy339
Edmonds, WA

wolfy339

Just from what I am seeing right now the margin is OK, but the downstream attenuation seems a little high. Does the buzzing happen, or get worse, at certain times of the day (e.g. at night) or is it an all day thing?
abg123445
united state

abg123445

It doesn't really happen at a certain time, it just does it sometimes. And it is absolutely horrible when it has been raining or anything.
abg123445

abg123445

This has gotten ridiculous, is there anything at all I can do?

Click for full size
wolfy339
Edmonds, WA

wolfy339

I would give FTR a call and see what they have to say about it, you may have better luck calling voice repair. I would mention the buzzing, though it is intermittent it indicates a problem with the line that affects both DSL and voice service.
lawsoncl
join:2008-10-28
Spirit Lake, ID

1 recommendation

lawsoncl to abg123445

to abg123445

Re: [DSL] I need help!

Is it a cordless phone? Do you have the DSL filters installed at all the phones, or have a splitter in the NID? You'll actually have better luck calling and complaining about the problem with the voice than the data.

frontiertech
@frontier.com

frontiertech

Anon

the voice is regulated by the state that is why... look up your general manger and sent them a email. I am in wv also but up north so I can't help directly or I would.