spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Jstuts5797
join:2014-04-04
Newburgh, IN

Jstuts5797

Ultra TVS upgrades!

Hey everyone! Just got an email from WOW about new Ultra TVS upgrades coming this week! Apparently we will now have access to Netflix streaming right from the ultra TVS interface! It also mentioned other apps and movie services available plus adding poster art and other details to listings in the guide! This makes me SUPER SUPER happy. I will no longer need a separate box for Netflix! Can't wait until this is rolled out. Anyone from WOW on here that could tell me when this will be rolled out in the Newburgh/Evansville area?

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

The update will begin deployment in the Evansville/Newburgh areas starting 1/12/15. It will roll out slowly to customers overnight throughout that week.

Matt
@70.197.162.x

Matt to Jstuts5797

Anon

to Jstuts5797
I've had this for a couple months now in Elgin. I wonder if they couldn't update every box at once? Regardless, Netflix right from the UltraTV menu is fantastic! But the apps are about as good as the games on the Nokia cell phone I had 15 years ago.

RootWyrm
join:2011-05-09

RootWyrm

said by Matt :

I've had this for a couple months now in Elgin. I wonder if they couldn't update every box at once?

Nope. I mean, technically? Sure. The UltraTV's literally just an HTPC with shitty build quality. From a service standpoint? Oh hell no. Because if they do it all at once and anything goes sideways? (Which is guaranteed to happen of course.) Everyone with an Arris unit is now broken. Until they figure out how to fix it.

So to avoid that, they deploy it to a single region and see how it goes there. (Usually the beta region. Yes, there is an entire region of customers who is beta testing everything WOW does and paying for it. It's common practice with every MSO.) Then they deploy it to another, check it, then another, and so on. This minimizes the service disruption when something does go wrong.
Jstuts5797
Newburgh, IN

Jstuts5797 to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
This is awesome news thanks! I've been tinkering with plex for a long long time just trying to get Netflix to work on my gateway so this really is awesome news! This almost makes up for loosing BBC America since most of the stuff I watched on there is on Netflix!
Phasewolf
join:2004-08-04
Sterling Heights, MI

Phasewolf to Jstuts5797

to Jstuts5797
The update hit my box but it does not ever load. I selected Netflix and it said loading and has been loading for the last 4 hours now. A reset of the box did nothing so now what?
Jstuts5797
Newburgh, IN

Jstuts5797

I Had this same issue at first too. To get it to work I had to go to streamland and access Netflix from there first. I logged in then closed the app then tried opening Netflix from the normal menu and from channel 1500 and both then worked. It's not clear you have to sign in through streamland first, but it's what worked for me.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to Jstuts5797

to Jstuts5797
said by Jstuts5797:

This is awesome news thanks! I've been tinkering with plex for a long long time just trying to get Netflix to work on my gateway so this really is awesome news! This almost makes up for loosing BBC America since most of the stuff I watched on there is on Netflix!

Don't count on it. »www.avclub.com/article/n ··· s-213775