kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

[MMA] Jon Jones In Rehab

Jon Jones has entered rehab for cocaine. I think the title and belt be stripped immediately and his status as a fighter on hold indefeintely. The Gusty fight is now 5 for the title. Cormier fights winner sometime June/July. The UFC got lucky having the top 4 LWs all fighting within a couple of weeks so the camps will be equal for the next one.
kingdome74

kingdome74

Premium Member

I'm surprised no one has responded. In the world I live in this is about as big as it gets. Jones the aw-shucks-kid-turned-bad-boy an image I didn't quite square with what I know of him. His brothers Arthur and Chandler played for and were fan favorites at SU and have gone on to obviously pretty decent NFL careers. I remember when Arthur played they'd show Jonny and Arthur would he was the real athlete in the family. By all accounts a very close-knit family. Obviously up here we've got to know Jon's parents and some extended family. Nothing the UFC wanted to do more than have a Jones in fight in the Carrier Dome tricked out for probably 50K+ fans. Of course NY is still stuck in the Dark Ages.

Needless to say our disappointment means nothing. We have no to right to judge. We do have a right to not buy tickets. Jones did what he did. "There are two paths you can go by..."
Widebands
join:2014-12-18

Widebands to kingdome74

to kingdome74
Sounds like there were some questionable testosterone levels in there too ...

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

1 edit

HiVolt to kingdome74

Premium Member

to kingdome74
I've lost much interest in MMA these days... UFC has completely saturated the market with waaaay too many events and other stuff like ultimate fighter stuff that seems to be on every other day from a different country. The talent pool has been diluted substantially by acquiring other promotions in the past 5 years or so...

Not to mention that top fighters these days are very well rounded in all aspects of MMA, making majority of the fights boring and a lot of fights go to judges decision.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

I completely disagree. A few years ago is a lifetime in the rapidly evolving world of MMA. I think 2014 was a great year for fighting. Bellator had some great events and even WSOF shows were good. I think it all depends on what you want from MMA.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

How long before UFC swallows up Bellator? I give it 1 year tops.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

Just changed owners and they are positioning themselves nicely with a blend of the older, more recognizable names and the younger fighters. Bellator is different than the UFC as Bellator uses a tournament format with special bouts to fill the cards. The tournaments the last couple of years have been very good. Like I said it all depends on what you want out of MMA. For me I like it all.
JBear
join:2005-02-24
canada

JBear to HiVolt

to HiVolt
I too have lost a lot of interest in MMA, not that I was a big fan to start off with. Just the way Dana White acts and says rubs me the wrong way. It almost feels like a seat-of-the-pants type company who do not have much respect for less skilled fighters.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

I started watching MMA in Pride (a Japanese organization) which was the ultimate in MMA. Anyone who couldn't cut it there would go to the UFC. Like all things change isn't always good. After Pride ended a lot of fighters were very resistant to fight in the UFC. Ben Askrin for years might be the best wrestler/grappler of any weight class yet has never fought (that I know of anyway) in the UFC because of a lot of the reasons you state.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to JBear

Premium Member

to JBear
said by JBear:

I too have lost a lot of interest in MMA, not that I was a big fan to start off with. Just the way Dana White acts and says rubs me the wrong way. It almost feels like a seat-of-the-pants type company who do not have much respect for less skilled fighters.

Yeah, and the other thing is if you piss off Dana White, you can be finished in the sport pretty quickly, or even get off to a start if you're an up and coming fighter.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

Jones was fined 25K for violating essentially a "morals" clause.

The Bellator fights Friday night was excellent. The Strauss/Pitbull main event was a great fight but not the best one on the card. WSOP 17 OTOH was no so interesting.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to kingdome74

to kingdome74
inside mma reported on Fri Jones only did one (1) day in rehab.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

Here's the FS1 interview:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 6F5XOTl8