aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

2 recommendations

Nanaki (banned)

oh oh were all going to jail (humorous)

humorous but yeh watch this clip lol

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 7uU#t=94

It would seem 90% or better of us dslreports users are breaking the law by using a nickname hehe

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 recommendation

StuartMW

Premium Member

And remember that any admissions you make here, or anywhere else online, will be kept in a NSA et al database for future reference.
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned)

bah i aint sceared of no nsa heheh.

But seriously who would think that something every one does on the net would have some law on the books against it? Watch the entire video btw some of the stuff is quite funny was just that one snip that was more or less security related.

whats funny if in to the mid 90s there was a tax on every ones land line that dated back to one of the world wars to support the war effort.

StuartMW
Premium Member

4 recommendations

StuartMW

Premium Member

sweller
join:2009-04-25
Tucson, AZ

2 recommendations

sweller to Nanaki

to Nanaki
Save me some room on the Group W bench, please?
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

1 recommendation

Nanaki (banned)

Not sure what you mean by that one.

sweller
Tucson, AZ

3 recommendations

sweller

You must not be as old as I am.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· gzA2JCcM

randavis
74 Challenger 440 4bbl
join:2000-01-19
Blue Springs, MO

randavis to sweller

to sweller
Are you one of those mother rapers, father stabbers, or father rapers?

sweller
Tucson, AZ

1 recommendation

sweller

Pick any one.

randavis
74 Challenger 440 4bbl
join:2000-01-19
Blue Springs, MO

randavis

Or just a nuisance to society?
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

2 recommendations

19579823 (banned) to Nanaki

to Nanaki

Well ya all gotta remember MOST OF THE MESSAGE BASES ON THIS SITE ARE NOT PRIVATE! (They can be indexed by google,etc)
Walter Dnes
join:2008-01-27
Thornhill, ON

1 recommendation

Walter Dnes to randavis

to randavis

Re: oh oh were all going to jail (humorous)

What about littering?

sweller
Tucson, AZ

sweller to randavis

to randavis
Litterer.
sweller

2 recommendations

sweller to 19579823

to 19579823

Re: ‏

I've got nothing to hide.

They already KNOW everything there is to know about me.

StuartMW
Premium Member

1 recommendation

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by sweller:

They already KNOW everything there is to know about me.

quote:
Los Alamos, NM
Do they know you glow in the dark?
Bachinator
Premium Member
join:2014-01-25

2 recommendations

Bachinator to Nanaki

Premium Member

to Nanaki

This must be the reason YouTube wants us to use real names on our accounts, they're trying to save us from going to jail

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

And remember that any admissions you make here, or anywhere else online, will be kept in a NSA et al database for future reference.

Hi NSA!

sweller
Tucson, AZ

sweller to StuartMW

to StuartMW

Kinda hard to hide.

At night anyway...
Shady Bimmer
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03

Shady Bimmer to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude

said by antdude:

said by StuartMW:

Hi NSA!

No need for the NSA to do so. That should really be a "Hi world!"

Am I the only one that knows about the The Wayback Machine as part of The Internet Archive?

Specifically for this site: »web.archive.org/web/*/ht ··· orts.com You can see everything that has been posted here over the past 15 years.

Not everything has to be a conspiracy or invasion of privacy, especially if there was no privacy to start with.
Shady Bimmer

Shady Bimmer to Nanaki

Premium Member

to Nanaki
said by Nanaki:

But seriously who would think that something every one does on the net would have some law on the books against it?

I seem to remember seeing something about this elsewhere. It actually isn't necessarily illegal depending on whether it is considered a common "nickname" or is actually considered your own personal identity. Leave it up to lawyers to make the distinction. It does give one thought, however.

Watch the entire video btw some of the stuff is quite funny was just that one snip that was more or less security related.

They seemed to get better as they went on. Illegal to sing "Happy Birthday" in public without paying royalties? I don't know if that one is funny or just sad. . .
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned) to 19579823

to 19579823

Yeh i know google my nick name lol. 1000s of hits that are me both from here and dozens of other sites. Trust me it is a purposeful act on my part to make my self very easy to find by this nick.

I have gotten invites for betas of some huge mmorpgs and been official csr later on in those same games do to searches and just name trading among various companies. I would say i have made 10 grand just because company x told company y about me just from working on some game in some capacity do to my name (nick name) being out there.

Game companies head hunt via other companies message boards related to bug reports all the time. Right now i have no fewer than 8 invites to closed betas and alpha tests for games that are not even being talked about or hyped by the companies. Some could lead to paid spots. Problem is i do not have good enough internet nor a computer capable of taking part in the tests.
Nanaki

Nanaki (banned) to Shady Bimmer

to Shady Bimmer

LOL ill have to read some of my old posts.
Nanaki

Nanaki (banned) to Shady Bimmer

to Shady Bimmer
I knew about that one for a while.

Rogue Wolf
An Easy Draw of a Sad Few
join:2003-08-12
Troy, NY

Rogue Wolf to Nanaki

to Nanaki
Well, maybe you guys are in trouble, but my real name just happens to be Rogue Wolf.

...for all you lot know.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms to Nanaki

Premium Member

to Nanaki
Is Comcast is breaking the law? (video #2)
"providing free Wi-Fi to other Comcast users in your general area"
»Comcast Home Hotspots Raise Home Network Congestion Concerns

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI

2 recommendations

Bill_MI to Nanaki

MVM

to Nanaki
I think someone's full of it. With the exception of illegal purposes one can use any alias at any time. I know this was true in the USA. If this has changed I want to find who to send this legislation in suppository format to... anyone know?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20 to Shady Bimmer

Premium Member

to Shady Bimmer
said by Shady Bimmer:

Specifically for this site: »web.archive.org/web/*/ht ··· orts.com You can see everything that has been posted here over the past 15 years.

Wrong. You cannot see PRIVATE MESSAGES there or anywhere that are not from you to a site member or from a site member to you. The mods do not even have access to private messages here. Only Justin and Nil can see them and they are loathe to do so even in a situation where it is necessary. So, if you want privacy here use the Private Message system. Justin hasn't purged the database since around 2005 so many of us have many 1000's of messages that are accessible but only to the person sending/receiving the message.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

1 recommendation

dib22 to Bill_MI

to Bill_MI
said by Bill_MI:

I think someone's full of it.

I agree. I think this that number 3 is wishful thinking on the part of control freaks and fools.

In the USA, terms of service are not laws. Just because something can be against the terms of service, and can allow your service to be terminated, doesn't mean it is illegal.

Facebook can terminate your account for using an alias because they stipulated that you use a real name in the terms that you blindly clicked "I Agree" to when you created your account... not because it is illegal.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by dib22:

In the USA, terms of service are not laws. Just because something can be against the terms of service, and can allow your service to be terminated, doesn't mean it is illegal.

Facebook can terminate your account for using an alias because they stipulated that you use a real name in the terms that you blindly clicked "I Agree" to when you created your account... not because it is illegal.

Which was then proven in United States v. Drew. Although charged and initially found guilty for violating the CFAA due to a ToS violation, the conviction was later thrown out.

However, a few states have passed laws making it illegal to impersonate a real person.
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned) to Bill_MI

to Bill_MI
What it comes down to is this. Enforced or not. In this case it is not enforced. I have looked up various laws etc and was suprised at some of them over the years.