uniqs

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

Anyone have a MT Script to kick off winbox connections?

I ran into trouble now twice with going over my caps on my resi connection because I inadvertently leave winbox running on my computer for days on end...
Anyone have a script to disconnect winbox sessions after a set time limit? Id rather have to reconnect once every 15 or 30 minutes then pay $100 to my stupid ISP for a stupid mistake.
LittleBill
join:2013-05-24

LittleBill

please explain to me how much data winbox can possibly use? i mean its in the bytes range
jcremin
join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI

jcremin

Depends on what is going on. In my Windox session to my PPPoE server, it is a solid stream of about 800kbps with about 300 active sessions. By 400 sessions, it would be a continuous megabit of data flowing. Adds up for sure.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to LittleBill

Premium Member

to LittleBill
With a bunch of windows open? I can easily get it to almost and sometimes over 4 megabits
LittleBill

LittleBill to Inssomniak

to Inssomniak
wow, i never looked at it that closely that seems crazy for a text based gui...
jacobturner
join:2014-12-30

jacobturner to LittleBill

to LittleBill
said by LittleBill:

please explain to me how much data winbox can possibly use? i mean its in the bytes range

I don't have a script off the top of my head to help Inssomniak but leaving Winbox running at my house on my own network consumes about 350kbps continuously and you can obviously see how much time I spend at home.
LittleBill

LittleBill to Inssomniak

to Inssomniak
well thats a crazy amount of data, guess i was massively wrong

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to Inssomniak

MVM

to Inssomniak
You just need to make it a point to close it when you're done. Put a sticky note on the edge of the monitor, if needed. If you want it to, it will remember your password and save the state of the last opened session.

You might be able to create an hourly script to close any open sessions on the router. Another possibility is a scheduled task on the PC to close winbox.
LittleBill

LittleBill

you can also run the scheduler to kill the winbox service, but it can lock you out if you need to get in