All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Kickstarter - Into the Stars (FTL in 3D)

Click for full size
So I am a huge fan of FTL... majorly addicted. Approahing 80h. Only game I've played this much (100+ hours) in the last few years has been Skyrim.

Someone pointed me towards this Kickstarter game, which is FTL but in 3D. They're only 4 days into the campaign and have raised (risen?) almost 70k out of the 85k they are asking for.

I backed because:
1) Release date is July 2015
2) Game is only $20 so risk is small
3) FTL is fucking awesome

»www.kickstarter.com/proj ··· he-stars

Still working on unlocking the Rock ship so I can get the Crystal cruiser... but after 21 playthrough I still haven't encountered the Rock Homeworlds. Fuck you RNG.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

...whelp, there goes $20 of my dollars.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
LOL I'll be backing it shortly too, I tried FTL for the first time a few weeks ago and I thought it was excellent.
El Quintron

El Quintron to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Oh and thanks for getting more money out of my wallet again dude.

So far there's SC, Elite Dangerous, a new Image Comics Humble Bundle, and now this.

TigerLord

Canada

1 recommendation

TigerLord

Tremendously happy to help

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I need to stay away from kickstarter...

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to El Quintron

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

a new Image Comics Humble Bundle

Well that should just be mandatory for all. Shit like Saga, Sex Criminals, Casanova, East of West, Alex + Ada, etc.

Dude Image Comics is probably the best of the best. And with good reason when you have dudes like Brian K. Vaughan, Robert Kirkman, and Matt Fraction penning tales. And I'll follow Fiona Staples where-ever-the-fuck she goes. Just needs some Neil Gaiman for total perfection.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

Since that first bundle I've been buying this shit up like crazy.

The first Image bundle was a real eye-opener in what I've been missing in the comic world. I'm sold and I'm subbing to a few image comics now, once I'm caught up with a few more title I'm probably going to subbing to a few Valiant titles too. It's so action packed, I feel like I'm in an endless (but awesome) action movie.

EQ

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Adalicia

to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

said by El Quintron:

Well that should just be mandatory for all. Shit like Saga, Sex Criminals, Casanova, East of West, Alex + Ada, etc.

Dude Image Comics is probably the best of the best. And with good reason when you have dudes like Brian K. Vaughan, Robert Kirkman, and Matt Fraction penning tales. And I'll follow Fiona Staples where-ever-the-fuck she goes. Just needs some Neil Gaiman for total perfection.

Goddamn you are a geek. I wish I had that much geekcreds.

Kudos.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
Image ones can be good, but sometimes lacking a bit on content, I find. Ones from Vertigo are still by far my favourite ones so far.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

said by Adalicia:

said by El Quintron:

Kudos.

I don't know man. A triple monitor setup with 4 way Crossfire and a Flight Control Chair is pretty fuckin' geeky.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

Kudos.

You wallet may be actually thanking you for that.

Since I've fallen in love with comics again (Tablet+Comixology+Humble Bundles) I've been catching up (and sinking cash into) like crazy.

Since the first Image bundle I've pretty much caught up on:

Saga, Chew, East of West, Lazarus, Clone, and a few more titles I can't think of right now.

A few hundred dollars by now I'm sure, and it's only going to get worse from here.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

lol, I also went on a spree after finally giving Comixology a shot, especially during the holidays with all the 50% offs... I don't even want to start looking at how much I spent.

And their guided view really ruined everything else for me. I still have trouble finishing stuff from HB due to the lack of Guided view.

TigerLord

Canada

1 recommendation

TigerLord to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

I don't know man. A triple monitor setup with 4 way Crossfire and a Flight Control Chair is pretty fuckin' geeky.

Lawl Alright then, I'm a techy geek, but I'm not comic geek. Plus Adalicia has this totally weird memory retention talent with character names. He probably could recite the Baldur Gate I & II list of characters by heart.

I wish I had that kind of memory power when I was in university.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to ekster

to ekster
said by ekster:

Image ones can be good, but sometimes lacking a bit on content, I find. Ones from Vertigo are still by far my favourite ones so far.

DC and more specifically Vertigo is great too. That is where almost all of Gaiman's stuff ends up. I mean stuff like DMZ and especially Fables are amazing, Coffin Hill has been pretty great.

I was at the perfect age to see the start of Oni Press so I've been been following Brian Wood around like a lost puppy ever since Pounded. I wish I had the cred to say I was there for Channel Zero but he wasn't on my radar at that time.

I have a pretty big soft spot for Avatar Press too, but primarily because they ran Neonomicon which was fan-fucking-tastic (but really what has Alan Moore ever done that wasn't just that?).
said by TigerLord:

Kudos.

Not really, I'm actually a fairly normal functioning person in real life...for the most part. I'm just lucky enough to have been at the right age to have grown up with the start of the second boom of video games, the western explosion of anime and manga in the US, and the big late 80's and early 90's comic resurgence and rise of indie publishing. Combine that with parents who pushed me towards literature and art and encouraged my love for those things and you end up with this.
said by TigerLord:

Plus Adalicia has this totally weird memory retention talent with character names.

This is true. And I'm not sure why. I actually have a horrible memory when it comes to most things but for some reason certain stuff just sticks.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
To get back on topic, this looks really good and they seem to be almost done. Between this and the Mandate, this will be a good year for me to get my sci-fi strategy fix.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Isn't the Mandate isometric?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Space battles will be 3D, boarding will be isometric (from memory, I haven't kept up with the updates too much)... similar-ish to FTL, just way more advanced.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Happy to report the game has been funded with 18 days still to go on the campaign.

Strangely it only took them a few hours to get greenlit on Steam. Went really fast. So everything is shaping up well for this game.
TigerLord

TigerLord

Game releases tomorrow!

As many of you have noticed by now there is a technical issue with the keys we sent out this morning that prevents you from playing on Steam until the game is released tomorrow. Despite concerted efforts by ourselves and our publisher, who made a simple error when requesting the keys, there is nothing that can be done to resolve the issue at this time and we're really sorry about that. We want you to be playing the game right now too!

We seriously evaluated a number of options to remedy this issue today, but all of them were more likely to create widespread problems and that's the last thing we want. At this point, we simply ask you to be patient and await the game's official Early Access launch at 9AM PST Thursday.

Those of you who are just now filling out your surveys - We'll distribute another round of keys tomorrow morning. If you can't find your BackerKit survey, please check your Trash/Spam/Junk email folder first. If it doesn't turn up there, please PM us here on Kickstarter and we'll get it sorted.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding. Next time we do something special for our kickstarter backers we'll be sure and get it right!

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Just a heads up, the release is early access. It's not a complete game yet. Still looking forward to trying it out.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I picked this up when it became available this morning.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Haven't had a chance to play this today, but they released a new trailer for early access.

vimeo.com/133004501

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I watched a video of FTL. It looked.... fucking boring.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

2 recommendations

ekster

Premium Member

It's more exciting than diablo.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

2 recommendations

El Quintron to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
I heard FTL will CTD without an I/O back-plate anyway, so you may have to look into it before trying it out.
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to ekster

to ekster
Damn that game is hard at first. Much more a resource management game than anything at this point.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

So like FTL...

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

It's more exciting than diablo.

Sacrilige
Savious

Savious to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

I heard FTL will CTD without an I/O back-plate anyway, so you may have to look into it before trying it out.

MAYBE IF THEY MADE I/O BACK PLATES OUT OF SOMETHING BESIDES TITANIUM PEOPLE COULD GET IT IN THEIR CASES