DevilOnE
Fozzie the buttplug, Vu the shitkicker
Premium Member
join:2003-12-12
Evansville, IN

DevilOnE

Premium Member

iCloud photos

Does iCloud back up the camera roll pics or just the Photo Stream pics or both?

Curious why the Photo Stream has 65 pics and Camera Roll has 853 which the same 65 photo stream pics are included in the camera roll? YOu would think photo stream would be at 853 pics too.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

Funny you should ask. I have just spent a bunch of time trying to map the flow of pictures on/between my iPhone 4s and iPad Air2.

This came about because, like you, I was not seeing pictures I took on my phone appear on my iPad.

So far I have been able to observe:

With WiFi on, pictures taken on iPhone copy to My Photo Stream on both devices and Moments on iPhone and iPad.

With WiFi OFF, pictures taken on iPhone only copy to "Moments" on iPhone. When I turn WiFi back on, they appear in My Photo Stream on both Phones and "Moments" on iPad.

So, it looks like the Camera Roll will locally copy photos to a device's "Moments" folder, but My Photo Stream update on both devices requires a WiFi connection.

This is just my very unofficial observation. I do have questions about the "My Photo Stream" 30 day/1000 picture limit which I will start a new thread about.

gjrhine
join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine to DevilOnE

to DevilOnE
I gave up and started using Amazon Cloud Drive for some or all of the photos, videos and files you want if you are a Amazon Prime member. And the photos are uploaded at FULL RESOLUTION using the Amazon Cloud Drive app.

DevilOnE
Fozzie the buttplug, Vu the shitkicker
Premium Member
join:2003-12-12
Evansville, IN

DevilOnE

Premium Member

I also use the Amazon Cloud drive app along with the ATT Locker and FLickr apps.

I just thought that the Photo Stream folder of pics would be a copy of the camera roll

BuckarooB
Beware Lectroids from PlanetX
Premium Member
join:2001-10-27
Cloverdale, VA

BuckarooB to DevilOnE

Premium Member

to DevilOnE
photostream will only hold the last 1000 pictures taken.