join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger

Re: Keystone XL oil pipeline route OK'd by Nebraska Supreme Court

said by Link Logger:

said by MaynardKrebs:

I don't know why the Northern Gateway pipeline doesn't take a pipe-within-a-pipe approach when it's installed in ecologically sensitive areas,, eg. a 36" pipe inside a 48" pipe. Ok, it's more expensive, but it would provide a measure of comfort & insurance against spils.

Actually when designing a pipeline you are supposed do that at higher risk locations like crossings (roads, rivers, etc).

Blake

Fixed it. Don't forget our dear leader mandated that waterways no longer be protected.
Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned)

said by elwoodblues:

said by Link Logger:

said by MaynardKrebs:

I don't know why the Northern Gateway pipeline doesn't take a pipe-within-a-pipe approach when it's installed in ecologically sensitive areas,, eg. a 36" pipe inside a 48" pipe. Ok, it's more expensive, but it would provide a measure of comfort & insurance against spils.

Actually when designing a pipeline you are supposed do that at higher risk locations like crossings (roads, rivers, etc).

Blake

Fixed it. Don't forget our dear leader mandated that waterways no longer be protected.

Yeah not really but thanx for at least keeping your story and hate for the Conservatives alive!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I suggest you read up on the mistitled "Navigation protection act"
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned)

said by elwoodblues:

I suggest you read up on the mistitled "Navigation protection act"

I Have and not sure you understand how things work

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Oh I do very well thank you
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi

Keystone XL pipeline vetoed by president in February

"The way that you get oil out in Canada is an extraordinarily dirty way of extracting oil," Obama said during the event at a South Carolina college.

"Obviously," he added, "there are always risks in piping a lot of oil through Nebraska farmland and other parts of the country."

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/c ··· .2985655
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------

Barry you is a hypocrite, your shale is no better....he doesn't approve of tar sands production yet he justifies fracking.
more money is made on a war economy, so everything in middle east oil exporters nations is economically more attractive to US.
Doonz (banned)
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned)

said by jaberi:

Keystone XL pipeline vetoed by president in February

"The way that you get oil out in Canada is an extraordinarily dirty way of extracting oil," Obama said during the event at a South Carolina college.

"Obviously," he added, "there are always risks in piping a lot of oil through Nebraska farmland and other parts of the country."

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/c ··· .2985655
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------

Barry you is a hypocrite, your shale is no better....he doesn't approve of tar sands production yet he justifies fracking.
more money is made on a war economy, so everything in middle east oil exporters nations is economically more attractive to US.

I love them.

Tar sands = bad

Dont talk about coal power fired plants, shale gas extraction and so forth..

But whatever a few more months and it will be passed