Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Email server ongoing issues

Hello all,

As some of you know we have been having email server issues. Despite having invested significantly into what we had hoped would be an awesome email setup, the result has only led to instability in the service.

We believe the system is pretty awesome, if it can be made to be stable. Most seem to agree that it's pretty slick. Except for the fact that it's not stable.

Now, I want to stress that at no time has any email been lost or not sent as a result of these instabilities (or any other reason). The back-end of it all is very reliable and without any issues at all.

The issues stem from the front end components of the whole thing and are generally load or scale related. When you login to it as a customer, you see one interface but in reality there are multiple servers there to help with the load. The way the vendor has designed those front parts is causing some problems. Those problems are the ones that have been reported in various threads here online.

We have gone back to the vendor and are now tooling up an entire replica of our production system and have a full plan of attack to solve all problems once and for all. The plan includes working with the vendor to stress test the whole system with special load generating tools to ensure that we really iron out all the problems. In the mean time they will continue to provide patch's to help improve as we go. Already they are saying they were able to improve the situation with the latest patch that we will implement in the days ahead.

I'm sorry for the issues this may be causing, please know that we, and the vendor, are working very hard to solve all of these problems.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

Not an option, Google discontinued the product (Google Apps for ISPs).

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Thanks for the update Marc. I generally only access my TSI email over my BB but do use the webmail occasionally so appreciate the effort that goes into setting up a replica environment with a vendor and load testing it. I always find these scenarios interesting as clients often come up with way bigger tests than vendors ever dream of, a real shame though. Good luck!
Expand your moderator at work

Sir Rocco
@bell.ca

Sir Rocco to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc

Re: Email server ongoing issues

I appreciate the update but no offense Marc, a system is only awesome if it works properly, it may have the potential to be awesome but right now it's anything but.
bbiab
join:2004-05-26

bbiab to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
We are now 2 weeks in from this, how is it going?

torobull123
join:2009-06-20

torobull123

Email servers are horrible now. Can't even login/connect now.
bbiab
join:2004-05-26

bbiab

said by bbiab:

We are now 2 weeks in from this, how is it going?

3 weeks

hw
@205.150.9.x

hw to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
A friend of mine maintains a email list. A couple of weeks ago she noticed that TSI's email servers were rejecting her send email requests to the list. It turns out that TSI, without notice, reduced the number of recipients in an email list from 50 to 30. I'd be curious why such an exceptional email system would have such a low number. It would also be nice if somebody could tell us if that number (50) will be restored once the other issues with the servers are ironed out.
Jay3
join:2014-12-03
Canada

Jay3 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I been having trouble accessing the Email servers all day...I did get through once this early afternoon ( and it was very slow coming through )...couldn't this morning...only just got through right now...took about 3-4 minutes to get through and show any new emails
Jay3

Jay3 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I been having trouble accessing the Email servers all day...I did get through once this early afternoon ( and it was very slow coming through )...couldn't this morning...only just got through right now...took about 3-4 minutes to get through and show any new emails..and even then...the server wasn't able to show the content of that email...timed out..and has to start over.

Sorry for the double post

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Are you still having issues right now? I just tried from a few different connections and seems good here.

If you still are, we may need you to post in the direct so we can investigate.
Jay3
Canada

Jay3

yeah ...still slow getting into server

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Ok. Can you post in the direct with the email so we can investigate?
Jay3
Canada

Jay3

ok will do

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

We have some positive news from the lab tests - we believe we have a solution to get around the problem. I will have a better idea of the ETA for the fix in the next day or so. Hope to have it implemented sometime next week but will confirm deployment plan once it's confirmed.
Jay3
Canada

Jay3

ok thank you

hw
@205.150.9.x

hw to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

We have some positive news from the lab tests - we believe we have a solution to get around the problem. I will have a better idea of the ETA for the fix in the next day or so. Hope to have it implemented sometime next week but will confirm deployment plan once it's confirmed.

Will you restore the number of recipients back to 50 from 30?
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

Webslinger to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
out.teksavvy.com is down/timing out

"Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server out.teksavvy.com timed out. Try again or contact your network administrator."
CanadianISP
Premium Member
join:2008-04-09
Pembroke, ON

CanadianISP

Premium Member

Yup, same here, just now (15:17, 2005-02-06)

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS

Premium Member

Hello all,

We'd like to gather additional information,

Please post in the »/fo ··· avdirect Forum and we'll take care of you from there Thanks!

Shawn S
audiofool
join:2000-11-22
London Ont

audiofool

Having same trouble here with outgoing mail. Have posted screen cap in Direct forum.

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS

Premium Member

Thanks audiofool!

Shawn S
CanadianISP
Premium Member
join:2008-04-09
Pembroke, ON

CanadianISP to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Outbound mail is working normally again for me

Sir Rocco
@bell.ca

Sir Rocco

Anon

Lately I've been using pop mail because the webmail is just too hit and miss but this morning, I'm having intermittent problem with that too!
Webslinger
Premium Member

Webslinger to ShawnS

Premium Member

to ShawnS
out.teksavvy.com is down again

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Just emailed internally shouldn't be long.
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to Webslinger

Premium Member

to Webslinger
Should be fixed.

scott1
@teksavvy.com

scott1

Anon

still down where I am...cobourg

scott
Webslinger
Premium Member

Webslinger to TSI Andre

Premium Member

to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

Should be fixed.

But it's not. Try telnetting into out.teksavvy.com from anywhere outside of your internal network.

"The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server out.teksavvy.com timed out. Try again or contact your network administrator."