spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mountainside
@107.30.176.x

Mountainside

Anon

[Qwest] Q1000 ADSL noise clamping?

So I think my mountain bell copper plant bit the dust on Friday (big freeze-thaw-freeze again)
CL has a tech scheduled out here for Monday morning. Until then, I'm stuck on my speed-capped Sprint prepaid service (As a developer, I thought it would be a fun way to experiment with 128kbps bandwidth limits that some experience, which aren't that much worse than my DSL at 1528k/480k)

Tech is probably going to have to splice a few more lines, since CL still won't get a RT here in the Stratmoor Hills area, more than 10 years after I first got service on this line - not from Qwest, but from Covad, a CLEC. PRISM was granted a franchise here in Colorado Springs about two years ago, but still forgot this little pocket off of I-25, where they continue to pitch DirecTV, to someone only interested in IPTV.
Yes, this is a county area not annexed by the city, and Comcast doesn't have plant here, but they do at the motels up the street. Even more of an opportunity for Centurylink and PRISM here. But I digress..

Especially with the rate increases, now is as good a time as ever to INSTALL A REMOTE TERMINAL.
Before the "nifty-th" splice has to be made, or the nifty-th truckroll. Because there are a lot of them in this area. Unless you really like repeatedly spending gas money that much, 20thCenturylink.

As for now, I have a used VDSL2 modem (Actiontec Q1000) here, with telnet/linux command options(xdslctl, adslctl, ... I was wondering if there was a way to clamp the signal (it is training intermittently) So it could be a halfway-stable connection.
I'm going to play around with it anyway, at least for a little while, to see if I can get it to train (sync) fully.
BadMagpie
join:2011-02-05

BadMagpie

Try referring to this page where they discuss overriding the target SNR.
»www.kitz.co.uk/routers/d ··· tsnr.htm
On some modems you may need to do "adsl configure" rather than "adslctl configure".