spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Junglejim43
@66.237.94.x

Junglejim43

Anon

One server not available

I have a business web site and we recently moved hosting. When we did, I can not bring it up on a Mac using safari, Crome, Firefox or even by pinging. the problem is my u-verse and my partners u-verse can not bring it up but we can using starbucks, friends and other hot spots. I have friends that have u-verse and they can get it too load.

Our new host is baffled. They are going to maintain and change the site so I am kind of stuck.

I am using Yosemite and the newest safari browser.

My partner unplugged her u-verse router and it made no difference.

I am getting everything else that I have bookmarked and that I use links for.

Again, when I try to ping I get nothing.

I am not at home so I am not sure which router I have but previously I had no problems.

What could possibly make a router not be able to access one serve,r but get everything else. Especially when everyone else is not having any problem including people with the same service.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

1 recommendation

rolande

MVM,

Cached or hard coded DNS entries can do it. Did you clear cache on all the browsers? If you go to Terminal (command line) and do 'dig yoursitedomain.com' do you get the new host's IP address or better yet do you see a AAAA record response with an IPv6 address?

Junglejim43
@sbcglobal.net

Junglejim43

Anon

this is what I get below

I have no idea what it means

I don't see how it could b a browser problem because I get the same result with safari, Chrome and firefox and safari on an iPhone.

could there be something in the modem?

BTW just to make it weirder .

Yesterday I open my computer and I saw notifications of mail coming in. I went to Mail and saw new messages. after thinking a few minutes I went to safari and the site partially loaded. The logo, some text but not all and not the background. I tried to reload and I again got " server where this page is located is not responding "

I don't understand this enough to have any idea what could possibly be going on.

ast login: Tue Jan 13 17:26:37 on console
JamesRogerssMBP:~ jamesrogers$ dig thegardentutors.com

; > DiG 9.8.3-P1 > thegardentutors.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 4682
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;thegardentutors.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
thegardentutors.com. 14400 IN A 108.178.53.162

;; Query time: 157 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.1.254#53(192.168.1.254)
;; WHEN: Thu Jan 15 15:50:40 2015
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 53

JamesRogerssMBP:~ jamesrogers$