uniqs

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD

sk1939

Premium Member

Sewell SolidRun

Yes yes I know it's not REAL Cat5e, but I bought it because it was cheap, and was available in lengths smaller than 500feet. The question is, can I use CCA cable for regular POTs/T1 lines?

AzDragonLord
join:2003-10-21
Florence, AZ

AzDragonLord

I wouldn't...
»www.belden.com/blog/data ··· lure.cfm

sk1939
Premium Member
Frederick, MD

sk1939

Premium Member

Well that is for network cable, and I knew that already. THis is purely for phone and possibly T1.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to sk1939

Premium Member

to sk1939
said by sk1939:

I bought it because it was cheap

So do you think you got a deal? as they say, you get what you pay for. It's very brittle and a very poor choice for wiring
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss to sk1939

Premium Member

to sk1939
said by sk1939:

Yes yes I know it's not REAL Cat5e, but I bought it because it was cheap, and was available in lengths smaller than 500feet. The question is, can I use CCA cable for regular POTs/T1 lines?

Why wouldn't you be able to? No, its not cool like solid copper cable nor able to perform as well as a solid copper cable, but POTS / T1 is not exactly pushing the technology edge either...

All that said, I wouldn't use it to wire my entire house but I did recently buy a small box of it to add a new WAN line in the existing conduit run from a room and across to a rack.

sk1939
Premium Member
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939 to guppy_fish

Premium Member

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

said by sk1939:

I bought it because it was cheap

So do you think you got a deal? as they say, you get what you pay for. It's very brittle and a very poor choice for wiring

No, it's about what I expected, but it's hard to find spools of green, red, and purple Cat5e. This box was simple a test, and I figure I'd put it to use.