Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

TNT's 'Titans' To Crossover With Arrow And The Flash?

This contains a few future DC TV projects, hence the post.

»moviepilot.com/posts/229 ··· l,manual
quote:
DC's television efforts have expanded rapidly from the past year (not to mention CW's adaptation of the Vertigo Comic, 'iZombie'). In addition to this, DC has recently announced that they will continue to expand their television offerings next year, revealing that CBS has given a 'Supergirl' show a series commitment, and Fox has ordered a pilot for the Vertigo Comics story "Lucifer." The CW is also reported to be developing an 'Hourman' TV show, and NBC has expressed interest in a Spectre series (the Spectre's alter-ego Jim Corrigan has already been cast in NBC's upcoming "Constantine"). Despite all this DC comics news, the one headline that caught me most by surprise was that TNT is nearing a pilot order for 'Titans.'

This could be interesting. But then again, I would like to see original TV as well. Meaning it's great seeing Comic books/Books come to life, but has TV lost it's sense of bravery when developing original shows?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Woo-hoo!

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Octavean to Snakeoil

MVM

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

This could be interesting. But then again, I would like to see original TV as well. Meaning it's great seeing Comic books/Books come to life, but has TV lost it's sense of bravery when developing original shows?

The writers strike way back when ushered in a wave of garbage / disposable unscripted TV. The networks started putting on things they never would have otherwise on very modest budgets and people (some people anyway) actually liked it.

I personally feel that it is a small victory when artistry (writers / actors) get to showcase their craft on TV these days. Much of what we see is sourced from books anyway so comics aren't a stretch by any means. It's also refreshing to see the charectors from comics coming to life on the big as well as small screen. I love this stuff. I read comics as a kid and I still read them so I am in $#!t kicker heaven over here

I remember watching the old Titans cartoon on TV as a kid.

Good times, good times,....

What's old is new again.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I liked the "old" Teen Titans.. geesh, labeling something from 2003 as "old".

I dislike Teen Titans Go.
I'll agree that it's nice to see comic books coming to life. As for places for those wanting to be creative. We have Youtube, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu. Though it would be nice to see fewer reality TV shows.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Octavean

MVM

said by Snakeoil:

I liked the "old" Teen Titans.. geesh, labeling something from 2003 as "old".

I dislike Teen Titans Go.
I'll agree that it's nice to see comic books coming to life. As for places for those wanting to be creative. We have Youtube, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu. Though it would be nice to see fewer reality TV shows.

I was referring to the circa 1960 Filmation "Teen Titans" when I was a kid:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· hL4CvA1Y

I like the newer "Teen Titans" cartoon as well even more so. "Teen Titans Go" is a bit of a let down for me to say the least but my kids like it so I guess that is a positive thing. I mean anything that gets kids into comic book and comic book characters like this is OK with me at least on some level.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I pulled out all 300+ of my comic books from the basement and stacked them on a bookshelves. I was hoping to spark my kid's interest in them. No luck.

Speaking of Which:
Agents of Shield issue 1 hit this week, and next week it's Star Wars number 1. Both published by marvel of course.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Octavean

MVM

I wouldn't pull out my old comics for the kids because I don't think they would have much interest. Comixology had some nice sales recently so I bought like the first 65 issues of Uncanny X-Men in bundle for something like ~$49. The Phoenix Saga, Frank Miller's Batman Dark Knight saga and so on. A bunch of stuff,...

The thing is that those were written at a different time and presented in a style befitting the era.

A new spin may be needed to get the kids of today interested in such material. Arrow the TV show seems very different from the Green Arrow comics I used to read for example,...

Fine by me if it gets new eyes on the franchise and renews or maintains interest in the legacy of comics,....

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

65 issues of Uncanny X-Men in bundle for something like ~$49

IMHO thats a score, no matter the condition they're in if you're just into the artwork and reading and simply enjoy that particular genre. And if those are mint collector's properly mylar'd and stood up, you got yourself a very nice little collection.

Comic and Graphic Novel collecting was something I think we all did as kids. My then favorite was Mike Grell's Warlord, and I have every issue including the special number #8. I think I stopped collecting around the time they discontinued Warlord though. And life was taking me to other places.

I miss walking into corner stores and seeing the comics rack's they even used to have them at the grocery store just before the checkout aisles.

I remember being nine or ten and going around the subdivision buying and trading comic books with the whole neighborhood! Gee they don't do things like that anymore eh?

Man those were the days.