All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Option
@teksavvy.com

Option

Anon

Rogers cable territory, old modem. Save money.

Im using a motorola 6120 modem.

Im on a 20/2service with 300gb. Can i change anything without changing my modem? I would really like to save some money.....

Do i need to call? I logged in to my account and i was unable to find an option to downgrade... Id be ok with 100gb a month.

Optionz
@teksavvy.com

Optionz

Anon

The service is apparently 25/2 but im getting 20mb max. Anyway...still looking to reduce usage and save money
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to Option

to Option
You can change to 150GB usage and save maybe $5 but that's it.

Maxx2006
join:2013-02-02
Guelph, ON

Maxx2006 to Optionz

to Optionz
I believe that is an old grandfathered package. You could possible downgrade to 10 / 1 75 gig. Try inputting your postal code here and see what is offered.

»teksavvy.com/en/resident ··· et/cable

You cam also ask in the direct forum »/fo ··· avdirect

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to Option

Premium Member

to Option
Unfortunately, there are no options with that modem. I mean, I hope Marc will change his mind and offer a Lite plan on Cable 25, but we can't blame him if that just doesn't fit in the numbers.

Of course your modem is perfectly capable of handling Cable 10 or Cable 30, but it wouldn't be officially supported. Worse still, Rogers knows that your modem's MAC address belongs to a SB6120. So, you'll have to change your modem to change speed at all (or usage level, except switching between Pro and Unlimited).