spc
Search similar:

uniqs

nothinggold
@verizon.net

nothinggold

Anon

Problems with Gmail app for Android?

I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and I've had it for less than two years. On it, I have the most recent version of the Gmail app for Android. I have extremely long chains of messages between some people (tens, maybe hundreds of thousands). It was working totally fine for a while, but recently, it's been being weird. For one, most messages open up so that the text is really tiny and I can't read it unless I zoom in a whole bunch. These messages are followed by hundreds of lines of clickable text that reads "Show quoted text". This is annoying because I can't tell if there's a message under the one I open. Also, sometimes, when I click "Reply", Gmail will freeze and close and it won't let me reply to that message. Once they respond again, I can reply, but this is really annoying.

Tel
join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC

Tel

Not really a fix but I was having so much trouble with the app, I finally just disabled it and went to K-@Mail for all my emails.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

1 recommendation

Hayward0 to nothinggold

Premium Member

to nothinggold
I use GMail but HATE their App and web interface for that matter.

Skipdawg
The Original

join:2001-04-19
Mount Vernon, WA

Skipdawg to nothinggold

to nothinggold
Yea don't care much for the app. Use it mostly just to check email when I am out and about.
Still use the computer for most email activity.

Tel
Mauldin, SC

Tel to nothinggold

to nothinggold
Nothinggold, there are tons of email apps available and most are free or have free versions. I suspect you'll find you like a number of them more than Gmail.

Drunkula
Premium Member
join:2000-06-12
Denton, TX

Drunkula to nothinggold

Premium Member

to nothinggold
I must admit I've grown weary of the Gmail Android app lately. They seem to pay more attention to aesthetics instead of usability. Thankfully it's better than the Yahoo Android app!

Tel
Mauldin, SC

Tel

said by Drunkula:

I must admit I've grown weary of the Gmail Android app lately. They seem to pay more attention to aesthetics instead of usability. Thankfully it's better than the Yahoo Android app!

I use K-@Mail for monitoring 3 AT&T email accounts along with Hotmail and Google. It works without a hitch. It's the first one I've used that will set up the POP and SMTP servers without manual intervention.