uniqs

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Re: [DSL] ** New tiers and changes to DSL or services on Bell lines - ON **

Added 15/10 - follows with 15/1 on pro and added the lite tier.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to Teknik

Premium Member

to Teknik
said by Teknik:

the 2-8am and uploads still unlimited right?

In case this was missed. Yes ALL uploads are still free and ALL traffic between 2am and 8am

zaptor99
join:2004-05-02
Toronto

zaptor99 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
400GB should be more than enough to accommodate Teksavvy IPTV
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Hey Marc,

Not to detract from what I said before, one thing has been bugging me... has ZtC been that ineffective in reducing prime time usage? I would have thought it'd stabilize usage for a while or at least slow it. Or is it just a case of those willing to give up the speed aren't those using it in the first place?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

ZtC surely helps but we have not really pushed it yet since we had been ironing out all the problems. Not that long ago there were still problems with rDNS logs from the incumbents for example. We implemented usage tracking and enforcing caps. We had to build new systems to support notice-and-notice. These are all things that rely on usage related data and associated systems. As a result, we have been reluctant to push it too much. We plan on pushing it more now though, many don't even know it exists.

Going forward it should help, to what extent, I don't know.
TSI Marc

1 recommendation

TSI Marc to zaptor99

Premium Member

to zaptor99
said by zaptor99:

400GB should be more than enough to accommodate Teksavvy IPTV

Hum. Wouldn't "TekSavvy TV" sound better than "TekSavvy IPTV" though?

zaptor99
Toronto

zaptor99

Sounds good, just stream us anything and many of us will buy it

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc

Premium Member

no problem. gimme a couple months and I'll see what I can do. hehe

zaptor99
Toronto

zaptor99

haha, you're dying to tell us something, but we'll wait

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

I feel better now that I got these rate changes off my chest.
Teknik
join:2011-08-04

Teknik to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I hope down the road we see an increase of the 'lite' package to 200gb that's the sweet spot for me.

kragop
join:2006-02-15
Scarborough, ON

kragop to HiVolt

to HiVolt
Are you downgrading to the lite tear with the Zap-the-Cap on?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by kragop:

Are you downgrading to the lite tear with the Zap-the-Cap on?

ZtC is only available on Pro tiers. I might not have been clear about that in another post.

kragop
Scarborough, ON

kragop

Oh! Thanks for the clarification.
I put in the request to transfer to the 15/1 Pro tier. It says its completed on MyAccount; Do I then logon on the first of February to activate ZaptheCap?
I looked for the option and couldn't find it.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

If you're on Pro now you should see the option now, to enable it for next month.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc

Premium Member

See here down towards the middle of the page: »help.teksavvy.com/hc/en- ··· -the-Cap

kragop
Scarborough, ON

kragop

Click for full size
Click for full size
Although the status is completed, it still says I'm on DSL 15 unlimited.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

ok. not sure. maybe post in the direct forum. maybe its not quite done.

kragop
Scarborough, ON

kragop

okay, will do.. Thanks for your help.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

np
igorfie
join:2007-04-30
North York, ON

igorfie to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

50/10 Mbps (FTTN using VDSL technology)

Lite(150) - $48.99 NEW
Pro(400) - $54.99 (ZtC - 15) Rate: N/C, Cap: 300 to 400
Unlimited - $74.99 Rate: -$10

50/10 Lite for $48.99 plus $25 max overage is $73.99, which is still $1 less than $74.99. Do I read this right?

--
Regards,
Igor

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

yeah I guess that one doesn't make sense. wasn't an issue before but now with these lite packages. May need to up the max.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to igorfie

Premium Member

to igorfie
well. seems like a good opportunity to standardize. max $50 here as well... $0.25/gb stays though. seems like the right thing to do.
JMJimmy

JMJimmy

said by TSI Marc:

well. seems like a good opportunity to standardize. max $50 here as well... $0.25/gb stays though. seems like the right thing to do.

Or you could drop unlimited by a $1 and not allow the overage to nearly double the fee someone might have to pay in a month. Remember, we don't like companies that want to charge $100+/m for internet. :P

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to igorfie

Premium Member

to igorfie
done. thanks for pointing that out. Max overage is now $50
JMJimmy

JMJimmy

said by TSI Marc:

done. thanks for pointing that out. Max overage is now $50

Not cool. Overages should not be punitive if, as you've said, they are intended to curb usage due to CBB.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

$50max is pretty fair I think. it's a good incentive to find the most suitable package. I actually thought it was too low before.

At $0.25/gb... that's really low man.
JMJimmy

1 edit

JMJimmy

said by TSI Marc:

$50max is pretty fair I think. it's a good incentive to find the most suitable package. I actually thought it was too low before.

If $74.99 is where your price point is at for unlimited the extra $24 is just a money grab. I'm thinking of a situation like my fiance's aunt who's on disability - she can only afford the lowest priced packages and she doesn't have a clue about computers. If she were to get Netflix she may run up that extra $50 in no time and have no way of paying it. $25 would be bad enough nearly doubling a package she'd be on.

Minimum wage full time worker? $50 is 3% of their monthly income. Disability it's more like 5%.

Edit: Besides, by your argument of "people finding the most suitable package" if they're paying the unlimited price every month in overages, you're not out anything and they're effectively on the most suitable package for them. Or they're high usage in the summer due to kids at home and low during the school year - meaning you're saving them (and yourself) the hassle of changing plans twice a year.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

except the usage would get calculated in the lower tier, not the unlimited and driving up the lower tier costs and guess what when it comes time to update prices. the overages is not meant to be a substitute for picking the right package.
i_pk_pjers_i
join:2007-04-20
none

i_pk_pjers_i to JMJimmy

to JMJimmy
said by JMJimmy:

said by TSI Marc:

If $74.99 is where your price point is at for unlimited the extra $24 is just a money grab. I'm thinking of a situation like my fiance's aunt who's on disability - she can only afford the lowest priced packages and she doesn't have a clue about computers. If she were to get Netflix she may run up that extra $50 in no time and have no way of paying it. $25 would be bad enough nearly doubling a package she'd be on.

Minimum wage full time worker? $50 is 3% of their monthly income. Disability it's more like 5%.

Edit: Besides, by your argument of "people finding the most suitable package" if they're paying the unlimited price every month in overages, you're not out anything and they're effectively on the most suitable package for them. Or they're high usage in the summer due to kids at home and low during the school year - meaning you're saving them (and yourself) the hassle of changing plans twice a year.

+1 to this, $50 max seems to be heading more towards Robbers/Bhell status.

Then again, I don't own a large company, so my opinion may not mean much.