spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bushguy
join:2013-10-18

bushguy

seeking options for SAT service

Hello Forum,
It's been awhile since I've needed help. We are in Northern Saskatchewan, Canada. Long time xplornet customers. In 14 years we've had DW4000, DW6000, DW7000 , then forced onto Surfbeam. Now surfbeam has slowed to a crawl. As in like 5 hours to download 32 meg computer update. Sometimes wait 5 minutes or more for a page to show in browser. Our service is horrible. Now we are told we need another modem and service that will help speed. Any other competitors that are reliable? I see galaxybroadband has service up here but have no experience with them. Any feedback appreciated. This is our way to communicate to the outside world so it's critical we find something more reliable. Thank you!

peve
Premium Member
join:2003-05-13
Edmonton, AB

peve

Premium Member

Have you tried these folks for service, they were great to deal with when I used Satellite Internet

»www.galaxybroadband.ca/r ··· ome.html
Liberty
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Arizona

Liberty

Premium Member

I have a handful of Galaxy subs in Mx and they are happy with service.
They had Hughes Business class and Galaxy is drastically more robust.
itsgold
join:2015-03-12
Cambridge, ON

itsgold to bushguy

to bushguy
It's not that you need another service to help speed, it's that Xplornet is phasing out KAT - Surfbeam set ups. KA2, Surfbeam2 system is being implemented for people who are on the KAT system. It has slowed to a crawl as basically the capacity has been moved over to the KA2 system, with a lot of beams being decommissioned ( KAT ) as well. This has been in progress since late last year, and by July this year KAT will be completely shut down. They both use Anik F2, but different equipment at teleports for supposed better speeds overall on KA2.

Galaxy might still be offering the surfbeam 1 set up connections, so you wouldn't need new equipment I don't think.

You also should be able to get a free conversion and some type of discount for the forced conversion from Xplornet.

Anywho, good luck in finding a solution to your issue.