join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

This iMac concept is ridiculous in the best possible way

Click for full size
»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· FilFcMSM

»www.theverge.com/2015/1/ ··· h-homage

" Set out in a series of detailed renders, the conceptual iMac combines the internal components of an 11.6-inch MacBook Air with the addition of a touchscreen and the new reversible USB connector. Its shape echoes that of the original Mac, though the rear bulk of the computer has sensibly been excised, leaving only a striking aluminum shape. The floppy disk drive of the original has been converted into a speaker grille in the modern version, which also houses an SD card slot, a FaceTime camera, and a microphone.

There's nothing particularly practical or realistic about this iMac, which is probably why it feels so sublimely desirable. "

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

I like the concept design for its nostalgia but a more modern aesthetic would suite my tastes better.

A larger screen for example, not so much wasted space on the front and maybe using the edge or back for some types of connections like USB / card reader.

Nice though,....
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
id also question that thing's stability it is not angled as a stable platform. as in it looks like the cat walking too close could tip it over.

of course odds are this is just a fan created render, There is no shortage of these in the Apple community. But I guess it would make an interesting conversation piece. "iMac Air"

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

said by Kearnstd:

of course odds are this is just a fan created render

It's a concept created by some design firm.

--------
What is the point of the extra bend in the stand ? As Kearnstd says, it's got to be pretty easy to knock it over....

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to Kearnstd

Premium Member

to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

If Curved Labs can be considered fans, then I yes, I guess you're right.

(Doesn't anyone bother reading the links to articles before commenting any more? I guess not...)
Daemon
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Washington, DC

Daemon to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall
said by Hall:

said by Kearnstd:

It's a concept created by some design firm.

--------
What is the point of the extra bend in the stand ? As Kearnstd says, it's got to be pretty easy to knock it over....

The extra bend is there to evoke the shape of the original macintosh. (»upload.wikimedia.org/wik ··· ssic.jpg)

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

Ahhh, okay, I see it now.... I remember the original Macs, but admittedly didn't recall that the monitor portion stuck out like that.