Search similar:

uniqs

bbbc
join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica

bbbc to Bender2000

to Bender2000

Starbucks getting out of Dodge!

Wow, Starbucks isn't fucking around. The Starbucks at Target Canada are all closing today. According to Target management, Starbucks was the only aspect making money. Normal corporate Starbucks stores have flyers up trying to recruit the former Target Canada Starbucks employees.

»ottawa.ctvnews.ca/starbu ··· .2202280

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

2 recommendations

TigerLord

jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi

lmao
jaberi

jaberi to Mark

to Mark

Re: Target Canada workers feel left in the dark as stores close

what happens to TFW what do they collect, having paid the middle man already who secured their job?

Mark
I stand with my feet
join:2009-07-11
Canada

Mark

I'm hoping that their first deduction is for a plane ticket. After that, who cares.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to Bender2000

Premium Member

to Bender2000

Re: Target to discontinue Canadian Operations

Here is another story that backs up the others on the arrogance of the US execs:

»m.theglobeandmail.com/re ··· e=mobile
jaberi

jaberi

Target's $8,000 Cheque For Student Conference Bounces

Adam Normand was pleased when Target put up an $8,000 sponsorship for the student business competition he was organizing.

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/m ··· .2936028
----------------------------------------------------------------------

i bet the $61Million walk-away package of that CEO has not bounced.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to bbbc

Premium Member

to bbbc

Re: Starbucks getting out of Dodge!

said by bbbc:

Wow, Starbucks isn't fucking around. The Starbucks at Target Canada are all closing today.

That's interesting, I was there yesterday and didn't notice if it was open or closed but I think I saw people there.

I was also dismayed at the higher-than-Walmart pricing of the same goods, but also pleased at finding additional slightly higher-than-Walmart quality goods. It's more of less the same stuff they have at Walmart is cheaper at Walmart but they have more options. Or maybe alternatives, hard to say.

Unfortunately what I went there to buy was not in stock even though the shelves were all fully stocked. Sigh.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Bender2000

MVM

to Bender2000

No big loss, the Starbucks at my local target was the second Starbucks in the building. So if they close down, there's still another Starbucks in the mall.

Jay_P
join:2005-12-12
Montreal, QC

Jay_P

said by Guspaz:

No big loss, the Starbucks at my local target was the second Starbucks in the building. So if they close down, there's still another Starbucks in the mall.

Exact same at place vertu, literally meters away from another one within the mall.
jaberi

jaberi to bbbc

to bbbc

said by bbbc:

Wow, Starbucks isn't fucking around. The Starbucks at Target Canada are all closing today. According to Target management, Starbucks was the only aspect making money. Normal corporate Starbucks stores have flyers up trying to recruit the former Target Canada Starbucks employees.

»ottawa.ctvnews.ca/starbu ··· .2202280

they are gone, all dark in there.
jaberi

jaberi to Bender2000

to Bender2000

Target announced they'll be having their liquidation sales in 2-3 weeks. ......so expect empty shelves as in 2 years ago.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

1 recommendation

milnoc

Maybe you can buy the shelves.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

When Zellers was closing you could buy any of their store fixtures also.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to jaberi

Premium Member

to jaberi

said by jaberi:

said by bbbc:

Wow, Starbucks isn't fucking around. The Starbucks at Target Canada are all closing today.

they are gone, all dark in there.

Starbucks can't hold a liquidation sale....

....even though most of their products are in fact liquid.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to mr weather

Premium Member

to mr weather

said by mr weather:

Not in Targets case. those are not part of the liquidation apparently.
jaberi

jaberi to milnoc

to milnoc
said by milnoc:

Maybe you can buy the shelves.

they owe me $3 and some cents, so i went in and they refused to reimburse me, telling me i could just buy some candy or a chocolate bar..
i looked around and told them they don't carry my fav. chocolate... maybe they just might let me buy a shelf for $3...

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to Bender2000

Premium Member

to Bender2000
Went to the relatively new Target on St. Laurent Blvd today - it was the best stocked I've ever seen it - amazing what happens when you throw the planograms away and just put things on the shelves.
corster

corster to nitzguy

Premium Member

to nitzguy
said by nitzguy:

said by mr weather:

Not in Targets case. those are not part of the liquidation apparently.

They will be, the liquidation just hasn't started yet.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to Bender2000

to Bender2000
Still virtually full stock at Welland Target! That is, some sections with empty shelves as is normal.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to Bender2000

to Bender2000
Liquidation sales expected to start on Thursday: »www.cbc.ca/news/business ··· ?cmp=rss
jaberi

jaberi

said by bt:

Liquidation sales expected to start on Thursday: »www.cbc.ca/news/business ··· ?cmp=rss

sounds promising, thursday will be Target's black friday..
jaberi

jaberi to Bender2000

to Bender2000

Canadian pharmacists fighting Target Canada

Stavros Gavrilidis had been operating a successful independent pharmacy in Windsor for more than 20 years when he got a glossy postcard from Target, inviting him to become a franchisee.

»www.thestar.com/business ··· ada.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
what a complete mess Target has made

Walmart is a great place to shop!!
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by jaberi:

Really, we should replace the term [fuckup] with the new word [Targup].

Target operate so many pharmacies in the US. Why didn't they modify their existing pharmacy software, instead of doing from scratch?

One mistake after another....

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer1:

said by jaberi:

Really, we should replace the term [fuckup] with the new word [Targup].

Target operate so many pharmacies in the US. Why didn't they modify their existing pharmacy software, instead of doing from scratch?

One mistake after another....

Canadian rules are probably just too different.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Bender2000

Premium Member

to Bender2000

What I don't get is how they can apply for bankruptcy protection? They're not bankrupt, they made a business decision to get out of Canada, losses or no losses.

To me this smells like a way to not pay off your creditors, and screw people like the pharmacists and not to mention the front line staff.

That "16 weeks severance" is a load of hogwash. If they get laid off today, they get 16 weeks, for others it's 16 weeks, working notice.
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl

said by elwoodblues:

What I don't get is how they can apply for bankruptcy protection? They're not bankrupt, they made a business decision to get out of Canada, losses or no losses.

Canadian division was a separate company, a lot of companies do this to minimize liability. I used to work for a guy who had three restaurants. He had a holding company "acme restaurants inc" and under it were three different numbered companies. He bankrupted one of the restaurants in 1997 and the other two were untouched, his other two restaurants were even creditors and were owed money by the bankrupt restaurant

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

The Canadian Division is different from the US. If you look at the losses incurred in Canada, since day one, no Company can withstand those losses.
I would have left long time ago.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by capdjq:

said by elwoodblues:

The Canadian Division is different from the US. If you look at the losses incurred in Canada, since day one, no Company can withstand those losses.
I would have left long time ago.

The funny part is it affected Target Inc's,the parent company's earnings. Not just the Canadian division.
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl

said by elwoodblues:

The funny part is it affected Target Inc's,the parent company's earnings. Not just the Canadian division.

because they were the majority shareholder in the american division, those holdings are supposed to be part of the revenue stream