Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

[Tech] CLC AIO+GPU?

Good Morning local PCMR,

I bought a new Corsair Air 540 yesterday, and I'm planning on re-housing my system into it. It's a sexy case.

»www.newegg.ca/Product/Pr ··· 11139029

There's enough room for a top-mounted RAD in there, but my CM212 meets my CPU cooling needs adequately. So the next thing I can do with this is put a CLC on my 290x.

Thoughts?

PS: Pic are incoming as soon as I start working on this move.

EQ

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Eh. Unless you are buying a 295X, I am not sure you will have adequate cooling on the VRMs. I believe NZXT offers something like this that is compatible with their CLC's, but it still requires a separate air fan on the GPU.

Please note it is ONLY compatible with reference cards:

»www.nzxt.com/product/det ··· ket.html

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

I was thinking of hooking up one of these with an H100 or H100i

»www.corsair.com/en-us/la ··· ing/hg10

I'm actually going to place a call to MSI or Corsair, or both to make sure I can do this, but I'd like try it as a near future project.

I'm pretty sure that the Twin Frozr is a reference card with a Fancy cooler, as opposed to a custom PCB like the Asus DirectCU, but I'm not enitrely sure, this is why I'm going to call first.

EQ

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You'd probably just be better off going with a custom water loop and full blocks for the cards.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

You'd probably just be better off going with a custom water loop and full blocks for the cards.

That's true, but I was hoping for something less intricate.

With that in mind, my current case is very much midsize; and the card does OK under full load (50c-60c once the fan kicks in) so my temps may be very much acceptable.

The case is very wide, so it's going to allow for a lot of fans and much better cable management. It won't be a big deal to add components later on.

I'm really excited about this.