spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Jlgold
@myvzw.com

Jlgold

Anon

[IA] Problems with SURFboard SBG6782 and Mediacom

I recently started service with mediacom after switching from CL. I purchased the above mentioned modem/router/wifi all in one unit so I did not have to rent one from Mediacom. Seems like a poor choice for me as I get consistent disconnects that don't allow Xbox online playing or NAS streaming of videos. A quick Google search shows that I am not alone. Is there a setting or firmware that needs updated? Is that something Mediacom needs to do on their end or can I do it? Any support/advice is appreciated.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello Jlgold, there are a variety of issues that can cause the issues in which you are experiencing. I can look into this from here for you. Can you sign up for a free account here and shoot me an IM with your account or phone number?
jlgold
join:2015-01-15

jlgold

I signed up, but have to wait 8 hours before I can send an IM

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Our Social Media Team can work with you on this issue as well. Feel free to send an email to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com with the information, as well as the MAC of the modem you are using and they will continue with this correspondence until you are able to send me an IM.