Search similar:

uniqs

JJ Johnson
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Fort Collins, CO

JJ Johnson

Premium Member

[Install] Your self-install kit is on the way. What???

I just received an email from Comcast with a UPS tracking number for a package. (Looks to be valid, not a phishing attempt. The UPS tracking number checks out.)

I have only Comcast Internet service, no TV or phone. I was researching VoIP services yesterday, and was curious about what Comcast was charging these days for phone service. So I was browsing package prices yesterday on Comcast's site to see what was available.

Apparently they've signed me up now for TV + Internet. Boy, that was easy. (!!)

Unfuckingbelievable.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

1 recommendation

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

[Install] Re: Your self-install kit is on the way. What???

Did you do the live chat? They require live chat with an agent to do orders or service changes online.

You're better off with TV + Internet. Internet is priced the same with or without TV basically.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad to JJ Johnson

MVM

to JJ Johnson

Re: Your self-install kit is on the way. What???

Click for full size
Something similar also happened to me recently.

As my current triple-play promotion was due to expire soon, I went on the Comcast site to check out what other packages/promotions were currently available.

Once I was done with that, I then happened to go the "My Account" page and noticed a "Your self-install kit has shipped" message had now appeared (as shown above).

I immediately called Comcast and the CSR I got said she did not show anything actually being shipped to me, however. [And, BTW, after being transferred to the "Customer Solutions" department (f/n/a "Customer Retentions"), I was able to get them to extend my current promotional rate for another year.]

It's been over a week now, and nothing has actually shown up, so I don't know what's causing this (apparently false) message to be shown!

JJ Johnson
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Fort Collins, CO

1 edit

JJ Johnson to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy

Re: [Install] Re: Your self-install kit is on the way. What???

said by IowaCowboy:

Did you do the live chat? They require live chat with an agent to do orders or service changes online.

No, I didn't. Is there even an "order" button on the site? I have no idea how they decided to add the additional service.

You're better off with TV + Internet. Internet is priced the same with or without TV basically.

No. It's $13 less per month for the Internet server when bundled with TV, but it's not certainly not going to be cheaper overall by adding TV service.

(BTW, whoever is moderating: This is NOT an "install" issue. Pay attention.)

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Are you sure it wasn't a reseller site. I'm not sure if Comcast uses reseller sites but it wouldn't surprise me.

I know Comcast's site requires live chat to place the order.
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse to JJ Johnson

to JJ Johnson

Re: [Install] Your self-install kit is on the way. What???

is this becoming a problem lately? I got a SIK out of no where without requesting it a little bit ago and I have self a owned modem for backup to my fiber line yet they still sent me another modem without asking...

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad

Re: Your self-install kit is on the way. What???

Comcast's software can be buggy at times. I'm glad the days of them loading mandatory software on our computers is LONG gone.

I'm talking the software with the SIKs.
tawmack
join:2012-12-03
Salt Lake City, UT

tawmack to JJ Johnson

to JJ Johnson

Re: [Install] Your self-install kit is on the way. What???

Same thing happened to me. And they will charge you $15 for the privilege of sending it to you.