All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gotojanoo
join:2011-02-16

gotojanoo

[Internet] TWC modem DG1670A bridging with WD mynet 1300 AC router help

Hi Fellas got a timewarner internet 200/20. They gave me a modem called DG1670A and I am having hard time bridging with WDmynet 1300 AC router. Is there any guide I can follow. I did turned off wifi , firewall and DHCP on this modem and I am trying to connect to router even with hard wire or wifi I can not connect to router.Its showing yellow triangle and its says limited. TWC logged in my modem and they bridge it but same issue cant use my own router. Can anyone expert here can guide me please.
Thanks in advanced.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx

Premium Member

Did you power cycle the DG1670A after it was set to bridge mode?

Make sure ONLY your router is connected to the DG1670A. You also want to ensure wifi is off in bridge mode, otherwise a wireless client may connect and consume the "one and only" IP.
omghi2u
join:2001-02-05

omghi2u to gotojanoo

to gotojanoo
Call tech support and have them set it into bridge mode on their end.
gotojanoo
join:2011-02-16

gotojanoo to djrobx

to djrobx
Sure I will try this evening after work. If TWC tech can do remotely, can i login in router after to set up password?
Thanks
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

fcfc2

Hi,
If you continue to have trouble bridging the TWC unit, you might consider just using your WD unit as an access point. You won't be able to take advantage of your units advanced features but you will have the benefit of faster and better range on your
Wifi. It should be fairly easy...as a last resort anyway.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to gotojanoo

Premium Member

to gotojanoo
Also make sure the router is connected to the modem via the WAN port, not one of the LAN ports.