IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Just found a class action lawsuit over the matter

Was browsing Top Class Action Lawsuits and consumers are fighting back.

»topclassactions.com/laws ··· -action/

PapaMidnight
join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

PapaMidnight

quote:
However, Stokes alleges that the company's confirmation did not disclose to plaintiff or other Class Members that Dish Network may at any time during the subscription period, "delete or change any of the programming paid for by the Plaintiff and the Class, or change the pricing of such programming, without any credit, recourse, or recompense to Plaintiff and the Class," according to the satellite programming class action lawsuit.
In other words, he didn't read the contract he signed (indicating that he read the contract, understood it, and agreed to it).

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

We'll see how this plays in court. Maybe the judge might not be too happy about losing his favorite shows in a carriage dispute.

Back in the 60's or 70's comedian Alan King was sued by Eastern Airlines for defamation and the airlines was represented by high priced attorneys and he had his brother (who was an attorney representing him). The case was tossed because the judge had flown Eastern Airlines and the judge himself wasn't too thrilled about their poor customer service. My mother (who grew up during that era) told me that story.

PapaMidnight
join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

PapaMidnight

I have to admit: I wouldn't mind seeing that particular bit of language tossed out in judicial proceedings.

While I don't watch FOX NEWS, it is in my programming package; and that means that I am paying to receive it. If I'm paying for something, I expect to receive what I have paid for. Should what I am receiving fall below what I am paying for, I should have a reasonable expectation that my subscription cost to adjust accordingly to reflect the never level of programming.

We shall see.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Maybe if that contract language does get tossed it will cause cable/sat providers to just renew their agreements out of fear of customer lawsuits.

On the other hand you can thank DirecTV for pushing the Weather Channel to cut back on its reality shows and focus on the weather outside. Hopefully the next cablesatco/TWC dispute will put the final nail in the coffin on the reality shows and push them back to 24 hour weather coverage even if the non peak coverage is just a taped loop.

Edit: too bad the recent Viacom disputes don't push MTV back to 24 hour music videos like in its heyday. Same with CMT. I bet if Comcast actually brought on carriage disputes that could be done.
ham3843
join:2015-01-15
USA

ham3843

said by IowaCowboy:

On the other hand you can thank DirecTV for pushing the Weather Channel to cut back on its reality shows and focus on the weather outside. Hopefully the next cablesatco/TWC dispute will put the final nail in the coffin on the reality shows and push them back to 24 hour weather coverage even if the non peak coverage is just a taped loop.

Edit: too bad the recent Viacom disputes don't push MTV back to 24 hour music videos like in its heyday. Same with CMT. I bet if Comcast actually brought on carriage disputes that could be done.

AMEN!