Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

OHRC complaint against Argos

This one is a doozy folks.

Seems a season ticket holder has launched a complaint that the Toronto Argos are discriminating against men with their White Ribbon Campaign.
He claims that the WRC only looks at half the population, women and thus discriminate against men, because he was a victim of abuse some 27yrs ago.

OH boy.

»www.torontosun.com/2015/ ··· tribunal
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

I was going to start a thread on this when I read the complaint as it is sports related. Here is the pith and substance of his complaint:

" On July 5, 2014, while at the Toronto Argonauts game, I saw an advertisement, with the Argonauts logo on it, for the White Ribbon Campaign (WRC). Having been a victim of domestic violence 27 years ago and knowing that the WRC only looks at half the population and not the whole population (50% of victims of domestic violence are men), and the WRC claims that women are the victims and men are the villains, the WRC sexually discriminates against men. Therefore, if the Toronto Argonauts are supporting the WRC, then they are supporting sexual discrimination against men. On July 9, 2014 @ 10:30 a.m., I talked with Jason Colaro, Community Service Department with the Toronto Argonauts, and after explaining the situation, John stated that the Argonauts will continue to support the WRC and supports the discrimination. He also threatened to stop my season ticket subscription. At the July 12, 2014, Argonaut game, I saw the same advertisement and the Argonauts, on the ribbon electronics boards, had advertisement for men to stop violence against and even on the Jumbotron, was advertising for men to take the pledge to stop violence against women. I then went to the Customer Service at the Roger’s Centre and filed a complaint against the Toronto Argonauts. I have not heard back from my complaint. On July 14, 2014, @ 12:15 p.m., I called Chris Rudge, President and CEO of the Toronto Argonauts, and left a message to contact me. He did return my call @ 3:55 p.m., and when I tried to state my claim and mention the WRC, he became hostile in saying that he helped create the WRC and it was too bad if it discriminates against men, then he hung the phone up on me. Having season tickets to the Toronto Argonauts games, they are supposed to make me feel secure, both physically and mentally, so that I can enjoy the games. Having advertisement that discriminates against men does not give me the feeling of being secure and to enjoy the games."
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
From the news story, sounds like the OHRC dressed him down pretty good.

In English common law, this guy would be judged as a "common scold" in other words a vexatious PITA.

-----

Now, if he filed a complaint with the Ontario Attorney General against the Ottawa REDBLACKS for impersonating a CFL team, and for selling tickets under false pretenses, maybe he'd have a case.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
quote:
Having season tickets to the Toronto Argonauts games, they are supposed to make me feel secure, both physically and mentally, so that I can enjoy the games. Having advertisement that discriminates against men does not give me the feeling of being secure and to enjoy the games."
Pfft, what a wanker.... It's nobody's business to make anyone feel secure mentally.