Search similar:

uniqs
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

1 edit

91862239 (banned)

[WIN10] any new news on windows 10 ?

i was using the beta? but i sorta broke it when the power had an outage during witch i was watchin vids n browsin the web after the power outage windows 10 was currupt n couldnt be repaiered had to reinstall windows 8 now im missin 1indows 10

any new beta bulds or rc builds to download or anything ?

edit
sorry i had just woken up when i typed this out i fixed it now that im realy awake

gzt7d8
Aliens live amongst us
Premium Member
join:2001-07-13
Traverse City, MI

gzt7d8

Premium Member

We should be getting some more information this week. Tune in if you can or get the replay when posted.

Consumer Technical Preview will be available for download after the announcement.

»news.microsoft.com/windo ··· 10story/
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

"this week"? I believe you mean NEXT week.

I'm rather disgusted as we were supposed to get a new build before now. We're still testing IE 11 when Microsoft is building Spartan.

Now according to that page you link to, I see a badly dressed, aggressive man in a posed stance and am told nothing other than to be awake at 6AM HST next Wednesday to hear whatever pearls of wisdom he has to say. Since I don't get to sleep before 4AM I will not be listening/watching that at 7AM.

The license only goes to Feb 15 and then we have to install the first RC (lose everything from the beta). So, that means any further beta build will be for less than a month to use.
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned) to 91862239

to 91862239
So..., is Microsoft going to do away with Internet Explorer all together? I know there was a Reddit AMA with the Microsoft IE browser team and one of the questions asked is if they're going to ditch the name. They said that idea has taken some serious consideration, but nothing has been decided...
RightHere
Premium Member
join:2003-02-02

RightHere to 91862239

Premium Member

to 91862239
Bookmark this page and/or the one it links to:
»blogs.windows.com/bloggi ··· xt-week/

Microsoft employee, but all opinions expressed here are my own

gzt7d8
Aliens live amongst us
Premium Member
join:2001-07-13
Traverse City, MI

gzt7d8 to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

"this week"? I believe you mean NEXT week.

I'm rather disgusted as we were supposed to get a new build before now. We're still testing IE 11 when Microsoft is building Spartan.

Now according to that page you link to, I see a badly dressed, aggressive man in a posed stance and am told nothing other than to be awake at 6AM HST next Wednesday to hear whatever pearls of wisdom he has to say. Since I don't get to sleep before 4AM I will not be listening/watching that at 7AM.

The license only goes to Feb 15 and then we have to install the first RC (lose everything from the beta). So, that means any further beta build will be for less than a month to use.

So I posted my message on Saturday, indicating the announcement would be this week, aka up coming Wednesday. Following the link would have shown you the broadcast is on Wednesday, January 21.

The broadcast is at 9am Pacific Time, for me in the EST that is Noon. If you can't watch it live there will be versions available to view later in the day or at YOUR convenience.

Windows 10 Technical Build 9879 doesn't expire until April 15, 2015 NOT February 15, see the link here,
»www.windowscentral.com/w ··· -15-2015

I would expect the January Build will carry a longer expiration date than April 15th I just don't know how long.

If you have loaded that build you must know that you will be able to apply the January 21st build through Windows Update. You will not have to do a clean install, just take the next build as an upgrade and you shouldn't lose your data. But I would add it is risky to keep data on beta versions of the OS.

This is how you check for preview builds,
»www.tenforums.com/tutori ··· lds.html
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

I was taught that MONDAY is the first day of the week. So, if you post on the previous Saturday and refer to an event that will happen on the following WEDNESDAY you are referring to the NEXT week not "this" week which has not ended. I known that in some nations Sunday is the first day of the week but in the USA the week begins on Monday.

We discussed in this forum when RC builds would start and the first was scheduled for Feb 15 at which time Preview would have to be removed. The article you linked to is dated Oct 1 2014 but I think what I read, and was discussed here, was after that but maybe what I read was from an earlier date and that changed...for the better obviously if we don't have to start all over again with the first RC whenever it will be since it will not be on Feb 15.

I have it on a HyperV virtual machine which I really like except it shouldn't be so difficult to get audio on a HyperV machine. I don't keep important data on it. But I would not want to have reinstall all programs in order to do a Release Candidate. I tweak everything heavily so it is a lot of time involved.

When I check for updates, I don't use the Metro side. I immediately installed Start8 and Windowblinds on 10Preview. (I have to have the ability to have a readable Windows font which for me is Verdana and nothing else so Windowblinds gives me that ability and the ability to have Aereo so that I don't have garish, non transparent colors but I create my own Windows skin. I have both these programs on Windows 8.0 Pro host machine also - without them I would have downgraded to Win 7 Pro).

Anyhow, I am on the desktop side only all the time. When I access Windows Updates from desktop side I don't see Preview Builds shown. I believe I did have to access Metro side once to enroll in fast updates but I hate Metro as it is totally inappropriate for desktop users. So, I am not going to access it now just to see when a preview build is coming! I use NOTHING from Metro side on Win 8 or 10 Preview. I wanted to do 10 Preview to see if Microsoft was really going to address all the criticism from desktop users regarding Windows 8 so I would know if I would want to upgrade or stay with Windows 8 and prepare to leave Windows in the future as I will only use a desktop ...I hate laptops and don't want a smart phone or tablet as I hate small, cramped windows. I love desktops with big wide screen monitors and don't need to access the internet when away from home.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

maartena

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

I was taught that MONDAY is the first day of the week.

Actually, no. The week starts on Sunday. This has to do with an ancient tradition on which the Sabbath (Saturday) was the end of the week. Eventually to distinguish from Judaism, when Christianity was starting to get their roots and the gospels were written, the holy day was set as Sunday.

All calendars that display a month will have SUN on the far left of the week, and SAT on the far right. If you don't have a calendar handy, click on the Windows clock in your system tray, and it will show the same: Week starting with SUNday. Same is true for Outlook, your iPhone calendar if you have one, and pretty much any calendar sold anywhere in the western world.

Example: »mycalendarland.com/calen ··· cape.jpg

The work week actually lies in the 5 days in the middle of the week.

I'm sorry, but the person who taught you that a week begins on Monday, was completely wrong.

Now on to Windows 10: I have only used it in a VM so far, and I am definitly going to upgrade all my machines the day it is released. But I am waiting till the final release comes around. I am also quite happy that Windows 7 owners can get a free upgrade, I have 6 Windows 7 retail licenses on the shelf doing nothing. (got them for free as a "i'll throw you a bone" ordering $50k worth of MS licenses for a company). If I can get those to upgrade to 10 for free, I might be tempted to make 6 VM's to get them upgraded and keep the keys.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

2 recommendations

darcilicious

Premium Member

Sweet Lord, only in a thread with Mele in it would the "discussion" boil down to what day the week starts on and heaven forbid that you claim other than what she decides it must be for everyone.

mustang50
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI

4 edits

mustang50

Premium Member

nm, I should read all posts...lol Been covered.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to maartena

Premium Member

to maartena
God created the earth in six days and then he rested on the seventh which is Sunday. It doesn't matter that USA calendars are laid out like they are as we all know Monday is the beginning of the work week for the majority of workers who work M-F. The first day of the week is Monday and the last is Sunday in the Christian world at least where I grew up on the Mainland in a highly traditional state full of WASPs and in Hawaii too even with all the religious diversity. But this website is very interesting as it agrees with you. However, this is the first time I have EVER heard anyone refer to the Sabbath (Sunday for Christians) as the first day of the week. »www.timeanddate.com/cale ··· ar/days/

Whatever, gzt7d8 See Profile was wrong as he posted on Saturday and referred to the following Wednesday as THIS week. Whether Sunday or Monday is the beginning of the week if it is Saturday (when a comment is made) the week has NOT begun so the following Wednesday is the NEXT week.